More threads by moonriver

moonriver

Hi Everyone

Well, I actually motivated myself to do some very brave things that force me not to spend all my days alone. I go to the bookstore and use their pay as you go internet sometimes so I can still check in with you all sometimes. I am starting to feel better. I joined a gym again and I am taking guitar lessons so it gets me out of the house and I have to talk to the teacher. So, I have had a little success and am not so lonely. Not a roaring success but a start......I still struggle with my moods but not as bad as before. Is that just a sign of depression do you think, one minute I am happy and the next minute I am crying over nothing then I am fine again two minutes later. Its very strange to be so emotionally labile, but hopefully that will get better in time.

I better get going, hope all is well with all of the moderators and everyone else, will see what others are up to on the forum before I go and hopefully check in again soon.

great to hear from you again moonriver. you should be proud of yourself for what you've accomplished! it's a great start.

i found that recovering from depression went with a lot of ups and downs, but over time gradually there were more ups and they started to last longer.

keep doing what you're doing, you'll have your down moments that you'll just have to weather through, and try to remember the ups you are having and that things are gradually improving.

good luck and check in again soon :goodjob:

Lana

Hi Moonriver!!

It's so nice to hear from you and to hear that you're doing so well and are accomplishing so much. Well done! :hug:

As for the mood swings, they can be a sign of anything really. But you're correct, it's usually due to stress or depression. It may be worth checking with your doctor though.

Keep doing what you're doing and please keep in touch. :)

Noughts

:) Looks like you're doing great! I ish envious of woo...

This post made my day... It's always nice to see someone in the same situation starting to emerge out into the light. (Awkward analogy, I know...) You know, maybe I'll start going to my local bookstore more often, too... Get some class work in a nice, aromatic environment... Start to get used to being around with other people...

(b^^)b
Keep it up!
That's a thumbs-up emoticon...

Glad you're doing better. I think it's awesome that you're learning to play the guitar. I would love to learn to play an instrument. Have lots of fun doing that. Very cool. :) :)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.