More threads by ShyLady

ShyLady

My name is Charlotte and I have been a very shy person all of my life. It has affected me as far as having friends sesne I was a child. I have never been able to outgrow it as others have been able to. Also, as others have, I haven't been able to loosen up and be friends with people even after I have known them for a while. Some of my sisters-in-law even have taken me years to get confortable at talking with, but even then I am not very comfortable when talking one on one alone with them. I am still unable to talk with even brothers-in-law period and feel like they are strangers to me. Have never gotten close to any of them very well.

Also, I have had depression most of my life. I grew up with an unloving mom who was very abusive to me and my younger sibblings. I go in and out of deppression. I have studied all of my life for ways to keep myself from going into a depressed state. I love to do yoga stretching and breathing, I like taichi, and walking always calms me out of being in a depressed mood.

Retired

Hello Charlotte! Hope you find Psychlinks helpful and informative. Feel free to join in any ongoing discussion or start some of your own.

ShyLady

Hey everybody! Thanks for the welcome!

Yeah, well I'm not too good at Journaling or Blogging really, I tried a few times though. So don't worry about it... :)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.