More threads by benjlu

benjlu

Hello,

My name is Benjamin. I'm basically a Mechanical stress analysis Engineer. I'm also doing a certification cource in Guidance and counselling . (oops... it's again stress, strain and fatigue). I found this to be a wonderful place where I can meet different & interesting people. Happy to join your forum as a friend of yours :)

Thanks
Benjamin

ThatLady

Welcome, Benjamin! Glad to have you with us. As Dr. Baxter said, that's a very interesting combination of fields. :)

benjlu

Thanks

It's nice to see smiling faces in a new place, and I see it here... Thanks to everyone...

I don't see much difference in these two fields... Engineering materials and humans, both subjected to stress, strain, fatigue, creep.. etc ;-)

and being frank, Materials are more preditable :))

once again .. Thanks

ThatLady

Heh. That reminds me of why I went from Human Resources Management to health care. I figured that, at least, those in health care were, for the most part, lieing down and not quite so angry as those who were leaning over my desk yelling into my face. ;-)

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I don't think there's any inherent contradiction between engineering and counseling, Benjamin. However, in my experience engineers tend to have high cognitive IQ and low emotional IQ - they readily understand computers and technology and are generally confused by people.

Like any generalization, there are of course many exceptions. Apparently you're one of those exceptions... :eek:)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.