More threads by J PTSD

J PTSD

Trauma is my middle name. I would say I have complex PTSD. Came from a abusive home to an abusive marriage and abusive friendships. Awww poor me. Lol have a great psychotherapist so coping a lot better AND finally on the right MEDS. Day by day for me. My faith in God in my main strong hold, not bousting but it keeps me going.

Retired

Welcome to Psychlinks J PTSD!

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you have been dealing with, however it's good to hear you are on the road to recovery. What is your status with those abusive relationships...home, marriage and friends?

J PTSD

What is your status with those abusive relationships...home, marriage and friends?

I'm out of the the abusive marriage for 9 years since 2002, my therapist is helping with skills to make healthy friendships. I think you asked about work in another post? That's a struggle due to my job type, which I'm not going to reveal that type at this time. I'm going to try for SSDI AGAIN.
I have just began to do research on PTSD, I have more the one traumatic event in my life. So I'm reading about complex PTSD, or chronic PTSD, and Borderline personality disorder.

Retired

my therapist is helping with skills to make healthy friendships

Good to hear, and it sounds like you are making positive progress.

I'm not going to reveal that type at this time

Reveal only what you are comfortable with, as well as protecting your anonymity and privacy.

We're glad you've joined us and let us know how we can help.

bloodwood

Full Member, Forum Supporter
Hello J
Nice to have you join the forum. Lots of good people and good reading. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Have you ever thought about going to a pdoc to get a diagnosis done just wondering that way you can perhaps know what you are researching will be pertinent to your diagnosis I just wonder if you have been professionally diagnosed . I f you do your PDoc can help you perhaps get on some disability help you fill the forms out

J PTSD

I'm getting a new psychiatrst next week, I'm going to get help with my dx.

Thank everyone!

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

I didn't want to get an official diagnosis because I was working. :)
But am going to be more assertive with health care.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.