More threads by Into The Light

Halo

Re: how to get through it

These are a few things that I do/try:

• Journalling (free-flow style to let anything and everything out)
  • Reading (distraction....a good comedy, not something too deep)
  • Watching tv (distraction, again nothing too deep)
  • Wrapping in a blanket with a cup of tea with a magazine (distraction, feeling safe, comforted)
  • Playing computer games/surfing for new screensavers/desktop themes (distraction)
  • When all else fails, sleep...it is the safest thing.
Those are my usual ones that I try and normally something of the above seems to work and pass enough time before finally heading to bed.

Take care
:hug: :hug:

moonriver

Re: how to get through it

This is such a tough one, I wish I could figure it out and where and why it comes, why won't it leave me alone. Lately I just try to ask myself in a positive kind way what I can do about it, what steps can I take however tiny to try and make myself feel better. Usually I do find being with other people makes it seem less intense, it is still there but it doesn't have the same impact on me as when I am alone.

I try to "hear" the pain. To feel it as deeply as I can. To embrace it somehow. When I reach the point of accepting it deeply, then it usually goes away.

I get through it one second at a time. I cry a lot, gamble, or take a beer and my meds at the same time.
I don't get though it very well and right now I taking things 1 second at a time and that sometimes is to much. I wish I could sleep for a year and wake up a year later and see how things are.
I am barely getting through it right now.

Sue

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.