More threads by Auburn

Auburn

I have had a rough day. Because Dave and I have been taking alot of time for the two of us, alot of people have become worried. They haven't heard from us, and the calls and the emails are unending. There are alot of people who don't know exactly what happened that day. It isn't something most people can wrap their brain around. And I reached a point today while talking to a friend that I hate having to explain what we are going through. When they realize that we were there that day, they react in such a way that it embarrases me. I just want them to accept that we need some time to sort through things by ourselves, some time to heal. I don't want to have to keep explaining this. I know that people are just curious by nature, but I don't think they understand what it does to us to have to talk about it. It is hard enough talking to each other about that day. I don't want them to feel sorry for us, I don't want pity. We just need a bit of space right now. And some of them don't accept that. They need to know more. I have had to be brutally blunt to a couple of folks. And, of course, felt bad afterward.
Sorry to just barge in and dump folks, but not the best day I have had recently. On a happier note though, I have been having some really good days. I guess that is maybe why today got the better of me. Well, I am off to bed I think. Talk to you all soon.

ThatLady

Re: I feel bad because others feel bad.

You know, Auburn, you don't owe explanations to anyone. I understand that other people might tend to get concerned when things change with people they know. However, they're not entitled to personal information or detailed explanations. All you have to say is that you and your husband have decided to spend more time together enriching your relationship. :)

Auburn

Re: I feel bad because others feel bad.

Isn't it a wonder sometimes. The human nature to need all the gory details. I have had to tell several of them that this is none of their business and that right now, I am just not in a position to explain. Hopefully they will accept this and garner some understanding of the turmoil this has caused.
For the most part, Dave and I are doing pretty good. We are having some wonderful days. I think Sunday nights are just so hard because I have had DAve with me at night, and then I don't. But we are holding our own. Thanks for your reply ThatLady. You help more than you know. :)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.