More threads by Thelostchild

When I first started my psych class I was overwhelmed with girls that reminded me of high school. I was so afraid of going into the class and asking questions but now I have over come my shyness and anxiety. Im so proud of myself. My teacher however is a cognative behavioral psychologist she works with people who are substance and alcohole abuse. She not really a teacher. Im she's kind of kooki (weird).

Halo

Re: overcame my anxiety

TLC

Congratulations on being able to overcome your anxiety with being able to get through the class......:goodjob:

TLC

I went through the same thing when I entered university at the age of 22. Most of the people there were straight out of high school and had already formed 'clicks'. It didn't help that I wasn't living in university residense either, as I didn't recieve the freshers week package with pub crawl details etc, so missed that whole 'getting to know you' thing. All I can tell you is that I kept trying to be out going and friendly, and it eventually paid off. However, as the uni year progressed the groups became less defined anyway, and they intermingled. I think it has everything to do with them growing up, and learning about more 'adult' (I hate to use that term) behaviours. Its all a learning curve after all.

I also had many 'kookie' lecturers. But I found I got on with them alot better, lol. I think I gravitate to strange!!! I thought you were doing your course by correspondance now? Have you headed back into the class room. If so, really well done on that note too. Its a huge step forward. Also, congrats on coming 'out of your shell' so to speak, and participating more in class.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.