More threads by awthedude

awthedude

Gosh, who hasn't said that before..... I've been writing this blog about the things that happened to me when I was a kid and also about things that are happening to me now. There is this girl I used to date and she was the first one i told about what happened. Spur of the moment I decided to give her the address to the web blog. Me and her aren't even friends anymore.... I bet she is going to think Im a total freak'n wierdo.... is there anyway I can play this off?

Lana

Hi awthedude;

It's hard to tell from your post whether the friendship ended because of the blog or something else. It is not unusual to feel open with a friend and share things that we normally wouldn't. It is not a mistake, it's how some friendships evolve. It's a show of trust and an invitation to be trusted.

awthedude

Oh... we broke it off two years ago and we have been talking on and off since.... then just now i put up the blog..... i don't know whether she'll think im a wierdo now or not..... gosh, i feel like a wierdo most of the time :(

ThatLady

Isn't it odd how we always expect others to view things in the same way we view them? Even odder is the fact that, a good deal of the time, others see things in a totally different light. Rather than put thoughts in their heads, it's usually a good idea to wait and see what thoughts they voice, if any. Otherwise, we're basing all our worries on assumptions. ;o)

ThatLady

You're welcome, hon. I hope it helps you. :eek:)

Similar threads

Genetic Factors Make Some of Us More Sensitive Than Others June 4, 2020 New research on the genetic underpinnings of sensitivity suggests that about half of the differences between people on this characteristic could be attributable to genes... "We are all affected by what we experience—sensitivity is something we all share as a basic human trait. But we also differ in how much of an impact our experiences have on us." Notably, they found that genetic components of sensitivity were...
Replies
Views
How Depression Made Me a Man By Roro Asmar, NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness March 7, 2018 “Be strong!” “Toughen up!” “Don’t cry!” Never did someone stand over me as a kid and yell, “Let it out! It’s okay to cry! It’s human to hurt!” From my football coaches to my own father, it seems as though the social norm for men is to be some kind of impenetrable mountain of muscle that feels no pain and has no emotion. If we’re not hunting or fighting or eating a bloody, rare...
Replies
Views
A Close-Up on Mysteries Made of Stone in Saudi Arabia’s Desert by NICHOLAS ST. FLEUR, New York Times November 17, 2017 A group of 19 "keyholes" at Al Wadi, in the Saudi Arabian desert, observed by archaeologist David Kennedy from a helicopter. Dr. Kennedy took more than 6,000 aerial photographs of these mysterious, ancient structures. (David Kennedy) For nearly a decade, David Kennedy marveled from behind his computer screen at thousands of mysterious stone structures scattered...
Replies
Views
All Made Out of Ticky Tacky by Dr. Irene Conlan October 29, 2017 Have you noticed that we, like our houses, are beginning to look alike. We walk alike, talk alike, wear the same styles and listen to the same music. No one wants to be “different, after all. We and our houses are becoming like the Ticky Tacky that we sing about. Like Ticky Tacky? “Oh, no,” you may be saying, “we don’t have to be alike. We’re free to be whomever and whatever we choose.” As human beings, we have freedom of...
Replies
Views
Inner Peace? The Dalai Lama Made a Website for That Kevin Randall May 6 2016 ROCHESTER, Minn. — The Dalai Lama, who tirelessly preaches inner peace while chiding people for their selfish, materialistic ways, has commissioned scientists for a lofty mission: to help turn secular audiences into more self-aware, compassionate humans. That is, of course, no easy task. So the Dalai Lama ordered up something with a grand name to go with his grand ambitions: a comprehensive Atlas of Emotions to...
Replies
Views