More threads by totaldarkness

:confused:

Sorry, I haven't been active in the forum, but when I joined last year i was in the beginning of being tested for MS and my Sx have gotten worse.

Sorry, i hope this makes sense. I can usually articulate clearly, but my neuropathy and faigue is acting up and have "brain fog."

my physical Sx have gotten the best of me.... I have been dealing with so much stress! My relationship with my husband, my five year old daughter who has a severe learning delay (possible autism spectrum).

Anyway my t has a thing were he takes off the summer, and seems to happen every summer. My Sx flair up in the summer due to humidity and this summer i have so much i am dealing with. My husband and i are having major problems because I knew my daughter had a delay since she was a baby and he always bade excuses, and prior to my daughter I gave up on life.

My t is great in many ways, but doesn't he think about his actions? he just took three weeks off for vacation and the week after next he will be taking off another 2-3 weeks off.

It just always seems like there is something. He took time off at christmas, in the spring. It just seems like there is always something and it is impacting my life and the progress I DO make in therapy. I understand T's have a life and need vacations and personal time, but isn't this a little over the top? In the past i have gotten angry and he blamed it on my abandonment issues. I guess what I find more troublesome is that he flings things back at me, but know it isn't all me. :confused:

I fired him a few years ago and went back to my first t, but went back to him. We really click, and he has said there is a great connection, but i feel like he doesn't take his job seriously and put it back on me. Am i being unreasonable? Last year he had a lot of personal stress, but has kept disclosure to a minimum. He says i am his favorite, we had a dual relationship two years ago, and maybe it is just time to move on and deal with the loss.... :(

Re: is it time to REALLY terminate?

Sorry so use to the MS forum... Sx = Symptoms As far as dual relationship, I took a class he was teaching.

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

I have been tested for MS and at this point they don't have a clue. The last neurologist says "most likely" MS, but we need to wait it out! I have nerve demage and they can't figure out why my limbs are numb.

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

update

Been a tough day, but I realize this is a decsion i need to make and be okay with. I talked with my first t today. and something really weird happened... Now i have to decide if i am going to tell him... Feel like my head is so mess up that maybe a therapy break or something....

What happened that was so weird?

Dr. Baxter,

My relationship with my current therapist has been very intense. (therapist #2)

I terminated therapy with him two summers ago, and called therapist #1 and we started seeing each other again. Therapist #2 thought it would be beneficial for us to remain in contact via telephone and email. Therapist # 2 and I had a great connection from the first session. He has said that I am his "favorite." He admits doing things for me that isn't part of his regular practice. Anyway, I really missed him a lot and needed to see him, and he told me i had to fire therapist #1.

Therapist #1 and I have known each other since my teens. Now in my 30's. He saw me through a lot of neglect and abuse. Recovering from other abuse, but felt like he never got to the core, realized when i saw him two years ago that he was just trying to keep me alive. Anyway my last session two years ago didn't go really well, and he thought it was a mistake for me to go back to t #2, didn't agree with his diagnosis and how he was treating me. He knew I had problems expressing myself, and told him it was so easy to talk to the other t., and think because I knew him since i was a kid that it was like a time warp thing...

Now the "weird" from yesterday; I was so prepared to say a voice mail, but the receptionist asked me my name and put me through a few seconds later. I told him my life was pretty bad, don't know what to do at this point, he said, "Well i thought you had great things to say about the other t." We talked about my daughter and her developmental delay, i could hear him typing as we were talking. he was fimilar with her particular diagnosis and his speciality is kids, but does see some adults. Anyway all of a sudden the phone clicked..

I still don't know what happened. Did he hang up? Did he hit something when he was typing? Don't know. He doesn't have my number, but don't want to take the chance he did hang up. He could google me; i'm on facebook....

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
It seems unlikely to me from what you describe that the disconnection was intentional.

If it were me, I would call back and say, "We got caught cut off in our last phone conversation but I didn't want to call back immediately because you seemed busy..." and let it go from there.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.