More threads by Cavi

Cavi

My T has never come out and said that I have an ED...It was another T that I saw one time that came to that conclusion...

Back in 05 to the beginning of 06, I starved myself...I had severe anxiety to the point I would take one bite and feel stuffed...I gained {{Edit: certain # of lbs}} on Zyprexa and when the weight started coming off, I actually liked the anxiety b/c of it making me not want to eat...

After the anxiety subsided to a degree, I would allow myself 2 or 3 bites of one kind of food and maybe 3 bites of something else on my plate...But I never allowed myself to feel full...I started exercising like crazy and I was drinking up to 3 gallons of water a day...I started brusing easily and got extremely thin...

Back in Feb.06 K and I were at a restuarant and she started badgering me about eating and I calmly said to her, "I don't want to talk about it" and she said "well I do" and proceeded on a rant about me not eating...Other people in the restuarant were gawking at us and I wanted to hide under the table...

The next a.m. I went on my first binge and my stomach muscles were so tight that it automatically made me vomit...From than until now I go through this severe bingeing as many as 3-7 days in a row and than I behave for 3 days and the longest was 2 weeks...

2 weeks ago tomorrow I had been on a serious binge and it made me sicker than a dog...The next day (Monday) I started really watching what i ate and I was breaking out into cold sweats (I've had problems with hypoglycemia in the past) so I knew i had my sugar out of whack...Also that last binge lasted almost everyday for 2 weeks so I gained some weight and on Sunday K made a video of me working Tanner and I saw myself and thought my Gosh I'm fat!...I cried...My T told me I was still very thin but to me I looked like a Good Year Blimp...

I haven't binged since and I've lost {{Edit: certain # of lbs}} in 12 days...I am throwing food away, especially things I binge on and if I eat a small dish of ice cream, I do an extra 5 mile run that day...

But I am eating more than I did for those 6 months, I just won't eat high calorie foods, the past 2 days if I've taken in a 1000 calories thats alot...
But I'm not hungry...Yesterday and today I got real winded on my run but other than that i feel fine...K hasn't started on my case yet so I guess i look ok, except I want to lose more..........RIMH

Last edited by a moderator:

Cavi

Re: Is This Really An ED?....

BTW I don't know if this matters or not but I will be 45 soon........RIMH

Re: Is This Really An ED?....

The best thing to do is discuss this honestly with your therapist so she can help diagnose you and help you with this.

It does sound like you have a pattern of disordered eating. I think eating disorders come in many different forms.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.