More threads by Ashley-Kate

Well this week i was literally outraged while reading the news paper this week! I don't know if any of you saw but the Montreal news paper was writing about how certain sections in Montreal are places that people are more likely to gain weight and to become obese, therefore basically telling people that if they live in the downtown area they are less lily to gain weight than if they live in Longueuil or other places on the side of the island, not only was i frustrated when i read that but the next day the same author wrote about how young girls are becoming more and more obsessed with there weight and think they are fat when they are at a healthy weight, how contradictory is that he tells us that the world is getting bigger but at the same time says that the population of average size girls think they are fat for no reason, not even questioning for one second if the reason would be that media is projecting that image that we are all lazy and big and that we are all obese! i hate it when people rush off saying stupid things like people are getting fat and then wounder why average size people think that they are!!!..grrr. anyway i sort of needed to blow off steam was a bit frustrated! so many people don't realize how big of an impact what they say or write has on others!"!!

ashley

Retired

Re: Journal de montreal!!!grrrrr...

Tthe "Journal de Montreal" is largely a tabloid and might not be the definitive authority on medical issues.

That being said, intuitively, I would say there is a good chance that some parts of Montreal, or any other large City would cater to a clientele which chooses high fat and carbohydrate content food.

It should be kept in mind that tabloids are not known for socially redeeming articles, but rather they write sensational and flashy stories to make the paper fly off the news stand.

If you want serious articles, then consider La Presse, le Devoir.

Are you a regular reader of the "Journal"?

sort of! i read la presse most of the time but i was really ****ed off at the Montreal journal this week cause it seemed that the big subject was the size people are when that has nothing to do with who they are!!!

ash

Retired

Agreed, Ashley. But tabloids are not, by nature, sensitive to peoples' feelings or social concience. All they want to do is get the paper off the news stand to people who will read it while on the Metro on the way to work and trash it afterward.

Maybe it they trashed it right from the start, it would serve a better purpose.

IAC these articles should not be taken personally or a serious journalism.

Most tabloids are glorified comic books:rolleyes:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.