More threads by D3S1RE

D3S1RE

hi im 19 years old looking to live life to the fullest. My problem is my girlfriends past, she has had sex one time without me with one other guy and it happened to be on a beach. a few days later he broke up with her. me being her friend at the time, she told me everything, she was devastated. This continued into our relationship for a while. I understood how she felt used but i eventually had enough and flipped out that she brings up having sex with someone else all the time, even if it was in a negative light. Now i constantly feel like this event was more important to her then having sex with me although she reassures me its not. The fact that it was on a beach drives me crazy. She talks about having sex in places like that still but says she's wouldn't actually want to do it. i love her very much but everyday i become annoyed, doubtful and even angered by this. Im just trying to let it go and move on but I'm having a very hard time.

Ive tried hypnotherapy for getting over a partners sexual history, its helped but only to an extent. i feel that I'm getting better but these feelings still creep up on me.

any help would be so greatly appreciated, i know i should just man up but this has bin bothering me for a while now

Thanks!

Retired

Re: just a guy saying Hi!

she brings up having sex with someone else all the time

It sounds like she is not very considerate of your feelings.

Is your relationship with this woman important enough to tolerate her abusive behaviour?

Perhaps having counseling together as a couple would help both of you her to be a better listener and you to heal
welcome to PL hugs

D3S1RE

Steve, thank you. and I'm sorry i wasn't entirely clear. Since a few "talks" with her she hasn't brought it up for a few months now. and her bringing it up was more about how sorrow and how she felt like her virginity was stolen from her. she says it was very important to her and she felt stupid how she thought he could trust him like that. and i can understand wheres she's coming from to an extent. but part of me just wanted her to shut up and get over it because it didn't make me feel good about myself. She now says she's gotten over it but now I'm bothered by it.

thanks as well Eclipse that seems like it would be a good idea, but us being teenagers we don't really have much money, plus we won't have the time to dedicate to it for at least 4 months since our relationship has recently turned long distance.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.