More threads by desiderata

desiderata

My mom is close to passing away. I was able to tell her while she was conscious that her legacy is how many people she has helped in her years and that I want to carry on her legacy in what way I can.
I told her I first have to help myself.
When I am able to manage my grief I want to share myself with what I have to those who could use a piece of myself to make the world a better place.

I am glad you are there to be with your mother and she would agree with you that helping yourself first to be strong is a way to help others later. It is as Dr Baxter said a beautiful legacy to carry on. Hugs to you.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I'm sorry to hear this but I hope you do find some comfort in knowing that you were there for her at the end and that you are going to continue her legacy.

:up:

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
Thinking of you and your mother Desiderata...

Those were lovely words you spoke to her, and it is wonderful that you are choosing to do a little connecting with the world... ... that's really wonderful.

It sounds like the presence she had connected in some way with many people... I think that means a part of someone still always exists and continues to be present.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.