More threads by Christina

Christina

Has anyone used the Linden Method program??? How did it work for you? I recently purchased it but I can't really seem to get into it... I mean everything on it is mostly what I already know... techniques on how to calm you... how to retrain your thoughts... etc... but dang that's the hardest part....I think that if we could all retrain our thoughts we wouldn't be in this/these situations

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Never heard of it.

But I can tell you that all I have to see is something like this:

The Linden Method will permanently eliminate your anxiety, panic attacks, OCD and phobias - fast and without drugs or medications.

to be able to tell you that it's bogus.

They used to call people who made those kinds of claims "snake oil salesmen".

Halo

You said that it teaches some techniques on calming oneself and even if you learn those or reinforce them then all will not be wasted however relying on this method solely to relieve anxiety may be a stretch, in my opinion.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
It's a shame it isn't that easy.

It's more of a shame that there will always be people eager to prey on others to make these kinds of bogus and outrageous claims with the sole goal of making a fast buck.

Christina

Ya but I have tried these breathing and calming things..they dont work for me..I know what i have to do...I have to turn my neg thoughts in to pos
but thats not easy...I don't know sometimes why I think stupid crazy things I know they are not going to happen..but...I do

Ive heard of it, its been on TV here and in Magazines, the place where its run from is not too far from where I live, and a ex helper of mine brought it and it cost her alot of money I wouldnt pay hundreds of pounds for something like this its just a waste of money.

just wondering christina if you are or have been in therapy? it can help you turn the negative thinking around. i've been treated for depression with both meds and therapy together and it really helped me get out of the depths i was in.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
The Linden Method seems like another self-help book, albeit an expensive one. Generally, I like self-help books (especially since they provide "psychoeducation"), but I find them quite limited in effect. Honestly, I use them mostly as a way to stay entertained while I clean the house (using audio books from audible.com). The ones that I like the most are those in which I like the personality of the author.

To add to ladybug's comment, there's just too many variables in life and too many different blind spots in one's consciousness for a self-help book to be as effective as therapy.

Christina

I have been in therapy yes not in years though..perhaps I should start to look into it again.. I know what I have to do to get thruogh an attack but geesh sometimes I just don't have it in me to do it.

i seem to struggle with that too when things get hard, it's difficult to do the work to get out of the feelings of anxiety or depression. keep your chin up!

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.