More threads by Eye Stigmata

Hmmm back to the tattoo i think it is a very beautiful tattoo and i do not encourage tattooing at all. but love the simplicity of the picture and the caption. Excellent.

THANK YOU VIOLET!

I came online and saw there were 22 replies and got excited....till I saw the words clown and butt..........GRR

Banned

Banned
What have you got against clowns and butts?

I'll apologize on behalf of Dr. Baxter...sometimes he gets a little :eek:fftopic:.

Jazzey

Account Closed
The lotus is the national symbol for Egypt. I was once offered earings that had that lotus symbol, from an Egyptian friend....

I'm giving you the link to the symbolism. I think it's a nice symbol ES but I'll let you analyze it for your own and based on your own values :).

Lotus

I know exactly why I picked a Lotus flower, and while I appreciate that it has more than one meaning. I'm going to explain exactly why this is SO meaningful to me. I'm a bit thrown off by the response...

The lotus flower grows out of mud. Yet, it rises above the surface clean, blooms with remarkable beauty, and its beauty remains untouched by the mud. The flower closes and sinks underwater at night, but it rises and opens again at dawn.Lotus flowers have strong symbolic ties to survivors. They start as small flowers down at the very bottom of a pond and then slowly grow and rise towards the surface, continually moving towards the light. Once the lotus flower has reached the surface of the water, it begins to blossom and turns into a magnificent flower. The lotus flower is a symbol for courage, purity, and awakening, and it mirrors survivors' journey toward healing and recovery. Like the lotus flower, survivors have been at the bottom of the pond but can rise above it to show their worth, courage, and untouched beauty.

"A lotus is a flower that blooms in the mud, the deeper the mud the more beautiful the lotus blooms."

I can tell alot of thought and care went into this tattoo I love the story behind the flower and what it symbolizes. Just beautiful. If i were to get a tattoo i would love to have this one

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I'm giving you the link to the symbolism. I think it's a nice symbol ES but I'll let you analyze it for your own and based on your own values :).

Lotus

I know exactly why I picked a Lotus flower, and while I appreciate that it has more than one meaning. I'm going to explain exactly why this is SO meaningful to me. I'm a bit thrown off by the response...

The lotus flower grows out of mud. Yet, it rises above the surface clean, blooms with remarkable beauty, and its beauty remains untouched by the mud. The flower closes and sinks underwater at night, but it rises and opens again at dawn.Lotus flowers have strong symbolic ties to survivors. They start as small flowers down at the very bottom of a pond and then slowly grow and rise towards the surface, continually moving towards the light. Once the lotus flower has reached the surface of the water, it begins to blossom and turns into a magnificent flower. The lotus flower is a symbol for courage, purity, and awakening, and it mirrors survivors' journey toward healing and recovery. Like the lotus flower, survivors have been at the bottom of the pond but can rise above it to show their worth, courage, and untouched beauty.

"A lotus is a flower that blooms in the mud, the deeper the mud the more beautiful the lotus blooms."

:confused:

I didn't read the entire page in your link, Jazzey, but the gist seems to be that it's a symbol of rebirth. I'm not certain if you saw something in ther symbolism that put you off but what I read seems more consistent with Eye Stigmata's view.

What am I missing here?

Jazzey

Account Closed
:confused:

I didn't read the entire page in your link, Jazzey, but the gist seems to be that it's a symbol of rebirth. I'm not certain if you saw something in ther symbolism that put you off but what I read seems more consistent with Eye Stigmata's view.

What am I missing here?

You're not missing anything, Dr. Baxter. I was simply agreeing with ES, supporting her view of the lotus.:) She's right, it is a symbol of rebirth. I just didn't express it very well. Sorry, ES. I was just agreeing with what you'd stated earlier about it.

No Problem, just seemed like you were saying you thought it was nice, while implying that it was for the wrong reasons.

Hopfully my description made more sense as to why it is so important to me.

Thanks.

Jazzey

Account Closed
No...I was supporting you, that's all. Or at least, trying to.:) I'm sorry ES, I don't always express myself very well. I think your idea is very nice though.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.