More threads by AlmostMe

AlmostMe

I'm on day 17 of my cycle today, 3 nights ago I had some pains in my left side, thought it was pains from ovulating or a cyst. (I have had afew cysts last year, they went away on their own, no bleeding, just pains.) This is stupid, but I'm posting it anyway, I farted and when I did that I felt pain in my vagina, like a burning feeling for about 10 seconds, and also felt a "pop" on my left side. My husband was there and laughed, but when I told him how it felt he stopped...The next day I got up, went to the bathroom and when I wiped there was abit of blood. As the day went on, it got heavier, and now since Friday night it's been a constant flow of bleeding and big clots coming out. Been taking advil for pain, have a slight headache but other than that I've been feeling okay.

I had a shower afew mins ago and the flow kept on happening, ofcourse, I let my mind go and I started worrying about what this is, why it's happening, and all the what if's popped into my head making me feel full of anxiety! Which leads to health anxiety too! Yuk! Called my Therapist, but she hasn't called back yet. I really don't want to see a DR quite yet, I'm assuming this is a mid-cycle breakthrough bleed (not had this in years since I was a teen, even then it wasn't heavy like this)and nothing more serious or the cyst ruptured and has caused this bleeding. That didn't happen before so that is what is concerning me ...

If this has happened to anybody else, please let me know. I will go to the DR if this doesn't slow down by tomorrow. Plus, it's setting my anxiety off and making things worse, so right now I don't feel well, but I think it's more the physical reaction of what's going on.

Thanks in advance.

AM.

Retired

Why would you not automatically call your gynecologist, family physician or check into a hospital emergency department instead of your therapist to determine the significance of undiagnosed vaginal bleeding?

Until a competent medical diagnosis is made, it might not be a good idea to take Advil or other NSAID or aspirin containing products as these have anti clotting properties.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I absolutely agree with TSOW.

This isn't something you call your therapist about. This is something you call your physician about. And if the doctor isn't available and you have pain and heavy bleeding, you get yourself to an urgent care clinic or emergency to have it checked out as soon as possible.

Almost me,

I've never had anything like that before but I would ring my emergency Doctor or go to the Emergency hospital just to get it checked out and at least that would put your mind at rest.

AlmostMe

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate them.

I called the clinic, they were about to close, told me I coud come first thing in the morning or call my Dr and see if she could see me, but no promises, depends on if she has a cancellation that day. I will call early and see what appt I can book or just head over to the walkin clinic first thing at 8am.

Been using a rice heating pad, that has helped alot. It's my anxiety right now that is making me feel worse. I did promise my husband if I felt worse then we'd go to Emergency and take it from there. I really don't want to go to the hospital though - The wait would KILL me as I have an anxiety disorder and I hate (and scared of too) hospitals.

The reason why I called my therapist is for comfort really. She has a way of keeping me calmer and is very resourceful too. I know that if I needed her, she would come with me to the hospital too - Or just show up if I had to go.

Thanks again for the help, and if I feel worse I'll do something about it. I'm just going to bounce around on the net for abit more then watch some TV in bed with the heating pad.

AM.

AlmostMe

Had some blood tests done on Monday, saw my DR and tomorrow I have an Ultrasound to find out more about this cyst.

Just wanted to do an update.

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it!

AM

Retired

AM

Thanks for the update. As you are aware, we have to be full partners in our own health care, get as much information as we can in order to make an informed decision.

Without information about one's medical condition, it can be easy to imagine a worst case scenario, which is why it's important to investigate any unusual occurrence, as you are doing now.

Once you have the information from your Doctor, you can make a plan on how to best deal with it.

Good luck and let us know.

AlmostMe

I had the Ultrasound today, all seemed to go well...I know not to ask the Technicians questions, though I was tempted to! They said 2-3 days for results so hopefully by Monday I'll know more and find out what the blood work showed.

On a side note here, guess I don't like going to the DR unless it's absolutely necessary and due to the anxiety disorder I have, it's harder too, though that isn't a good enough excuse! (don't get me started on dentists! LOL!)

TSOW and TTE, thanks for the reply and you're right, it IS so easy to think the worst and let fears of the unknown take over...Just makes my anxiety skyrocket too.

Night,
AM

Hi AM.
Glad to hear Ultrasound went okay.

I have anxiety to and like you tend to put things off , not so much with my Doctor though as he always trys to act quickly to get things sorted and to put my mind at rest, but the dentist is another thing, up until this year I hadn't been for TEN years, a few months ago a tooth broke and a filling came loose, so I had no choice, the state I got myself into was something else, it took my friend 30 mins to get me through the door of the dentists, then the waiting room was full, I honestly felt I was heading towards my death, I felt sick in the waiting room and had to make a quick exit to the loo, when they called my name, I felt like running, I just felt this is it, THE END!! I knew I had to go because I was In pain, it was new dentist and when I sat in the chair I said that I didnt feel very well as I have anxiety, do you know what he was brillant, he said he was trained in relaxation, so we did some of that first and then he did the work, and he was so nice, and I felt a right fool as it wasnt that bad after all, I've had to go back a few times, and I although I still get a bit anxious its not really all that bad now. Do you do that? Get in such a state over something and then after its happened think why did I get so worked up about that.

Please keep in touch with your results,
Take care now

AlmostMe

Wow, you sound just like me and the dentist! I know many people are terrified of dentists. I'm 34 years old!!

I think it was a 3 or 4 year gap when I didn't go, I actually had a hole in my tooth and it got worse and worse...Finally one day I woke up and had a bump inside my gum and it hurt so bad! Went to a dentist (mine apparently retired during my time away) closeby to where I live, she seemed quite nice. Set me up with a special dentist who would do the root canal. I had the worst anxiety ever and when I went for the initial visit he told me since I also have some clausterphobia - Having laughing gas wasn't an option as it would make the room feel smaller and set me off... Yuk! So, I had 2 options, stay awake or have adivan (sp?)...My therapist actually ended up coming with me, held my hand and talked me through it! Wasn't as bad as I thought, the guy was gentle and stopped when I needed to gag (I tend to gag to relieve my anxiety but never throw up) what was funny though, it wasn't anxiety that was making me gag! It was his BREATH!!!!!!!!!!! One would think in that business they would make sure to have minty clean breath! Anyway, it was an interesting experience (2 years ago coming up this January) and hopefully I won't have to have that again.

It's been 2 years now since I've been to the dentist again, I know I need to go but since then I have all those dental fears ... SO, I plan on looking at getting completely knocked out for it. Let them do what needs to be done and then slowly learn go back for regular cleanings and get my teeth healthier.

Other times I do get anxious about something, sit and let my mind worry, though most of the time once I am in the situation I'm okay. Then later I look back thinking what was the big deal?? The lovely price tag of anxiety eh?

Hi AM
A dentist with bad breath lol, thats not setting a very good example for his profession!!

I know everytime you get anxious you tell yourself you wont let it happen again, you won't get in that state again because things weren't that bad after all, but it always does happen.

AlmostMe

Yeh it was funny. Every time he spoke, I gagged! I felt like telling him NOT to talk!

You're so right. Antispitory anxiety is really bad. Sometimes I sit and do a list, why I am feeling the way I am, what I'm worried about and the chances of certain negative things actually happening. Then later, I read the list again, just to show myself how wrong I was, that the worst didn't happen and really, having a panic attack isn't something to be scared of. It's a physical reaction and can be controlled by positive thinking, breathing and relaxing.

AM

AlmostMe

I was to have my appt with my DR yesterday, but I got a call early morning from the Receptionist that she was sick and cancelling all appt's for that day. It's too bad because Thursday was a great day for me! I rebooked it for Monday afternoon. I know it's nothing serious, she just wants to go over the results with me.

Other than that, things have been good. No more horrible pains! So, I guess it burst and that was what caused that pain for me. Had a low grade fever for afew days after that, but now I feel great! Been keeping busy and making sure I get out of the house for most of my afternoons. (Even though today was harder as it snowed...Yuk!)

Hope things are going well with you too!

AM

AlmostMe

Hey everybody! Hope the anxiety is in check for each of you! This time of year seems to bring out the 'best' in us eh? hehehe...

Just quick update, no more cysts or pains for now...Knock on wood! My Dr and I talked, she gave me afew alternatives to think about for preventing the cysts from coming back...

1)Going back on the Pill, but I suffer from migraines and went off the Pill 4 years ago or so. I can't go back on (and I smoke too, so that combo is no good as I'm also 34 years old)

2)Having Depro Vera shots. I've done some research and also talked to afew people and I don't like the things I've heard so far. The kicker was the bone density loss...I am petite build and osteoprosis runs in my family so I don't really feel right now that is an option for me. As well as other side effects DP has. Depression, weight gain, more bleeding...Yuk!

3)Having the ovary removed...I'm too young for that and I'm not quite sure about children yet and removing an ovary or both of them is TOO soon for me.

I am just thinking I can deal with things as they hit me, unless it's a constant thing that is going to happen, for now I think the best thing would be NOT to do those shots.

Hope you all are more than halfway done your Xmas shopping! I am happy to say I'm nearly done! I don't want to stress out and have my anxiety skyrocket this year so for some strange reason I'm organized!!! Not bad for a major procrastinator eh?

AM

AlmostMe

Once I went off the Pill, my migraines weren't as bad. I had flashes in my eyes too, saw a Neurologist and he was the one who decided to take me off the Pill.

I've been off of BC for so long now I am not sure if I want to go back on it. Partially side effects and also (yeah I know, I'm bad) because I haven't quit smoking...Yet. That is something my Therapist and I have been talking about. One thing at a time...Gotta rid of this anxiety disorder first!

Thanks for the reply!

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Definitely one thing at a time and one step at a time. Just pointing out that if you have been off the pill for a number of years you might find that there are a few more options in that market than there used to be.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.