More threads by GDPR

GDPR

GDPR
I have thinking about maybe getting a tattoo.Seriously thinking about it.I always said I would never get one,but I have been thinking about getting something small,but would have significant personal meaning,and I don't know exactly what it should be.

Anyone else here have any?How did you choose?

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
Was there something you were wishing you could remind yourself the other day, LIT? Something you wished could pop up here when you log in....

I wonder if a tattoo could serve a purpose like that?

I don't have any though and I have no idea what I would get if I did.....

Banned

Banned
I'm well-inked. I really like my tattoos, and they all have meaning for me. I'm in the process of covering one up I got when I was 18 and getting a brand new one as well. If you find something meaningful you want, you will know it.

GDPR

GDPR
Getting one is not something I would impulsively do,it is something I will be thinking about for a couple of months before deciding.

Also,I will have to think long and hard about what to get and where on my body.I already know I don't want it somewhere visible,I just want something small,covered by my clothing.

Banned

Banned
Here are two of mine. I got the butterfly and flowers in Maui last year. I got the turtle about seven years ago. I'm in the process of getting a huge cover-up on my arm and I'm getting something very special that I'll only reveal once it's done in a couple weeks :)

image.jpgimage.jpg

GDPR

GDPR
Those are really nice Turtle!

I have such sensitive skin I am a bit worried how my body will react to one.When my son got his first one he had to go to the hospital the next day,was sick and had a fever,his body was reacting to the ink.

I do have something in mind now but I have reading online the meaning of it since I am not quite sure why I am being drawn to it.I will have to make sure I get something that will not be triggering in any way.That would suck,to get something permanent that ends up being a trigger.

I may end up deciding to not get one at all,there's a lot to think about.

Banned

Banned
There are different types of numbing gels you can use - I'll be using one for sure when I get my big one coloured in because I don't have a very high pain threshold and also depending where you put it will affect the pain level - the foot is intensely painful because it's right over the bone. My turtle wasn't bad cause it's on my forearm. So combining placement with gel and making sure you eat first you can help the pain but at the end of the day, tattoos hurt.

GDPR

GDPR
From watching other people get them I could see that they are painful.One person,who has always seemed so rough and tough,made me laugh by asking me to hold her hand through the process.

I hadn't thought about that part,the pain,until you mentioned it.Hopefully that wouldn't be triggering for me...

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Yeah, personally, I would not want to pay for pain :)

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using Tapatalk

Banned

Banned
Well you don't always have to pay for it. Sometimes you can find some guy just outta prison who learned the trade and will do it for a case of beer or sumthin' :D

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
That's a deal since one of the beers would be an antiseptic.

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using Tapatalk

GDPR

GDPR
I just had my eyebrows waxed for the first time.I am all red,swollen and in pain.

I am rethinking this whole " maybe I will get a tattoo" idea now.

GDPR

GDPR
Today I am thinking maybe it might be better if I express myself through drawing/painting rather than getting a tattoo.

I look a little hideous today just from getting my eyebrows waxed so I don't think I should even try getting a tattoo,I can't imagine how badly I would react to one and don't want to find out.

---------- Post Merged at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:11 AM ----------

BTW,I like how my eyebrows turned out,they do look much better,besides the redness,swelling and sores.

Banned

Banned
Ouch I don't think I could get my eyebrows waxed. And now I've read about threading? I don't know what that is but I kind of like my eyebrows the way they are so I've never felt inclined to wax or pluck or thread or do anything else to them.

Drawing is a good way to express yourself too. Tattoos aren't for everyone. I like mine and I'll get more but they definitely need some advance thought.

GDPR

GDPR
I don't know what threading is either but I have heard it is less painful.

I got my eyebrows done impulsively.I was going to get my hair trimmed and thought I would ask about waxing while I was there.It 'sounded' much better than it actually was.I am glad it was just my eyebrows I had done,OMG,I cannot imagine getting other places waxed,like so many women do!

I was trying to make myself look better and now I look hideous and it looks as if it is not going to go away anytime soon,and may even end up having to see a doctor.

Oh well,live and learn,right?

Banned

Banned
I've had my legs waxed and that was pretty bad. I'm glad I'm European cause it's my excuse for being hairy and au naturel haha. Who knew hair removal was so painful?!?!

GDPR

GDPR
It probably wouldn't be so bad if beside my eyes,above my eyebrows and my forehead hadn't been waxed too.I assumed it would just be the eyebrows.It was all done so fast,too fast to even realize what she was actually doing.

Beside my eyes,the outer sides,are what are most painful and look the worst.Oh,and the top of my nose,right between my eyes is raw and red.

I regret getting it done and paying to look this way.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.