More threads by Ashley-Kate

i was recently prescribed anti-depressants to try and help me stabilize my eating disorder that has recently gotten pretty bad. Afterwards, realizing that the medication was not working as they wanted, they increased the dosage and also added 2 new kinds of meds to the prescription to calm me down - 2 different kinds and they seem very hopeful. My doctor seems that way at least that the meds will fix the anorexic thinking. I am not so sure and at the moment I feel that they simply want to numb me even more take away everything I am I have become this zombie, extremely tired and boring. I can't do anything yet the anorexia is still there. I am not sure if it is a good plan meds and me and i am upset that the doctor seems to think it is so simple.

Re: medication and the treatment of anorexia\buimia

How long have you been on it? I think it can be helpful. Are you able to keep the meds down?

I have been o the anti-depressant for 3 months and the anti-psychotic as well he just added a new kind last week to everythig i just feel that it is a lot

It will level out Ashley-Kate the effects won't be so heavy in awhile so the numb feeling won't always be there don't give up on them yet okay they may just work out hugs

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.