More threads by sandra

Retired

my first time on this site

Sandra,

What happened when you called Suicide Action Montreal
2345 Belanger East
Tel: (514) 723 4000

Did they respond only in French?

Which place did you call in the West end on Montreal and where did they refer you in your area? Are you close to one of these:

Montreal General Hospital
Royal Victoria Hospital
St. Mary's Hospital
Jewish General Hospital
Douglas Hospital
Lakeshore General Hospital

You mentioned earlier that you don't have a health care card. Are you a Canadian from another Province or from the U.S. What circumstances prevent you from having a health care card or service? Have you ever had coverage somewhere?

Psychiatry in Quebec is sectorized and you need to seek out services in the hospital designated for your area. Even if you are living in the East end of Montreal, you can have access to one of the English hospitals, because they cover that area for English speakers.

Here are your options:

Go to the emergency department of the English Hospital closest to you (listed above) and tell them you are in crisis. Even if you don't have health care coverage, the emergency department will help you.

Go to a C.L.S.C in your area and ask to speak to a social worker who will help you get a Medicare card.

Look in the phone book for the address and phone number of the Womens' Day Shelter called Chez Doris. It is located near the old Forum near Atwater and St. Catherine. Chez Doris provides many types of services for women in crisis including some medical services.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Retired

Sandra,

What happened when you called Suicide Action Montreal
2345 Belanger East
Tel: (514) 723 4000

Did they respond only in French?

Which place did you call in the West end on Montreal and where did they refer you in your area? Are you close to one of these:

Montreal General Hospital
Royal Victoria Hospital
St. Mary's Hospital
Jewish General Hospital
Douglas Hospital
Lakeshore General Hospital

You mentioned earlier that you don't have a health care card. Are you a Canadian from another Province or from the U.S. What circumstances prevent you from having a health care card or service? Have you ever had coverage somewhere?

Psychiatry in Quebec is sectorized and you need to seek out services in the hospital designated for your area. Even if you are living in the East end of Montreal, you can have access to one of the English hospitals, because they cover that area for English speakers.

Here are your options:

Go to the emergency department of the English Hospital closest to you (listed above) and tell them you are in crisis. Even if you don't have health care coverage, the emergency department will help you.

Go to a C.L.S.C in your area and ask to speak to a social worker who will help you get a Medicare card.

Look in the phone book for the address and phone number of the Womens' Day Shelter called Chez Doris. It is located near the old Forum near Atwater and St. Catherine. Chez Doris provides many types of services for women in crisis including some medical services.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

sandra

When i calld the action suicide it was bussy all the time then gave up.
I now about the jewish general hospital because a friend works there. I now exactly how to get there by metro would take me like 40 min.
I dont have a medicare card because i am not canadian i am from europ i used to have privat intarnational incurance but i dident have the money to pay the them last months ago.
I think i gonna try to go to the woman day shelter tomorrow. thanks again for everything

sandra

When i calld the action suicide it was bussy all the time then gave up.
I now about the jewish general hospital because a friend works there. I now exactly how to get there by metro would take me like 40 min.
I dont have a medicare card because i am not canadian i am from europ i used to have privat intarnational incurance but i dident have the money to pay the them last months ago.
I think i gonna try to go to the woman day shelter tomorrow. thanks again for everything

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.