More threads by Heather Dugdale

I am 24, am experiencing Huntington?s disease symptoms. My family is one of the few in the world who have early onset. I was a Nurse before I got sick. I made a positive, comprehensive website. It has a blog, care giving tips, ways to fight brain fog, myths, my story, my families? story, history, and ways to have a positive testing experience. I also put on there the poems I got published in the horizon.

http://heatherdugdale.angelfire.com/

HA

Welcome Heather! :hello:

I really like your website. I especially like your Hope for the Future page. I hope you don't mind that I copied it below. It is very inspiring. Never give up hope!

No matter what comes our way involving this illness, you always have to face this with your chin up. Otherwise, if you don?t, this will only claim you in its grasps. I know it is hard, since I have the same worries as all of you, and do have my mental symptoms. They do not claim me. They should not claim anyone else. Why you should live in such agony, when you could fight for the light. When you do that, it takes a lot of work, but once your there, there is nothing like it. Pure joy.

There is so many researches and possible cures out there, there are getting closer and closer, every day to finding something. I know they will. They will do it for all of us. There is one that was really promising a cured a mouse, 100 percent!!! In 2 weeks you half way cured, and after a month you are 100 percent cured. It will take 4-5 years to get it out.

There should always be hope in all of our hearts, in the end that is all we have. Hope of future without this disease and hope a positive outcome. With so much good coming our way, try to stop worrying, because we are all too nice of people to go through this torment, without some reward. That?s taking joy in a hard life, and just trying to accept it, and our futures.

Thank everyone for the warm welcome. I got tired of everything negative when it comes to any illness, whether it is mental or physical. We all need hope in our lives. Hope for a better future and a better life. I had to make my site to show people. We can do it. We can have hope, we can truly happy...

Thanks again

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.