More threads by David Baxter PhD

Similar threads

A Family Guide: What Families Need to Know about Adolescent Depression NAMI January 5, 2011 Adolescence is a time of many changes and challenges. Developing bodies and social and academic stresses make for a difficult period for many teens. Yet most teens get through these years with only short-term feelings of sadness or irritability. While people sometimes use the word ?depressed? to describe how they feel, there is also a psychiatric disorder known as ?clinical depression? or ?major...
Replies
Views
I appreciate your words, Jo and you are right, why can't we feel open to speak? Why does it take a well known person to speak for us? Of course the cynical side of me wonders how much was Mayim paid to share, or was she? That concept is why I personally feel that much of the battle is due to a severe lack of funding in regards to mental health and yet so many of life's problems in society is directly related, if not caused, by mental health issues. To give you an example, lets consider...
Replies
Views
Keep it coming! I have to run but will return to check out more of these links. Gosh it's hard to find counsellors for the under 18. My next challenge will be to find support that is covered or reasonably priced....
Replies
Views
Be a part of the NAMI convention?from wherever you are! The producers of the PBS program Minds on the Edge: Facing Mental Illness, are producing live reports from the 2009 NAMI convention. Here?s how you can be a part of it. Call in and ask your questions during live interviews from the convention floor with Pete Earley, author of Crazy in America: A Father?s Journey Through the Mental Health Care System; Fred Frese, NAMI leader living with schizophrenia featured in Minds on the Edge, and...
Replies
Views
Interesting. Since I rarely watch TV it took me a while to locate the show but I see it is on tomorrow at 8pm. I might check it out. Normal? :noidea: Mari
Replies
Views