More threads by Daniel E.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
"Normal's Overrated" ~ House & N.A.M.I Take On Stigma
Dr. Deb Blog
January 23, 2009

Fox's mega-hit drama House has taken up residence with the National Alliance of Mental Illness to address the stigma of mental illness. The show is selling t-shirts with the slogan Normal's Overrated - with all benefits going NAMI. I believe, if my Internet researching is correct, that the House T-Shirt Project has netted over $300,000.000 so far.

Laurie, a truly dynamic individual, has been quite open about his clinical depression. It's always great when a high profile person can help educate and debunk mental health issues. So, kudos to Mr. Laurie, everyone at Fox and N.A.M.I.

And while we're on the topic, "What is normal anyway?"

For more info:
NAMI | House T-Shirts Benefit NAMI

Ohhh, this is excellent! I'm definitely going to have one of these shirts soon-- House is my absolute favorite show!! It's great to hear about this program, and also that Hugh Laurie is speaking out on the subject. I didn't even know, and I was already in love with him anyway!! :eek:

Mari

MVP
Interesting. Since I rarely watch TV it took me a while to locate the show but I see it is on tomorrow at 8pm. I might check it out. Normal? :noidea: Mari

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.