More threads by Meg

Meg

Dr. Meg, Global Moderator, Practitioner
MVP
This may seem like kind of a weird post, but I just got back from a therapy session and wanted to share because it feels profound to me. Today I got angry about the fact that I was repeatedly sexually assaulted when I was with my ex boyfriend, about the things that led up to it, and about the way that I was treated afterwards. I had a little rant! Anger is not an emotion that I am very familiar with - somewhere along the line I managed to stop feeling many negative emotions and got a bit numb. So, I am feeling a bit bemused because I wasn't expecting it at all...but also kind of proud. :D :D :D

I think my therapist was a bit surprised lol. She smiled lots. :D

ThatLady

The first word that comes to mind, Meglet, is congratulations! Sometimes, we have to get really angry and let it all out. That sounds like exactly what you did. :)

Meg

MVP
Thanks ThatLady :)

It only took me 5 years :rolleyes: . I guess that's better than never, though!

Halo

Hi Meglet

I am proud of you for releasing that anger that was probably built up for quite sometime. It must feel very freeing to be rid of that anger inside.

Congrats. Good Job :goodjob:

:D

Holly

This may seem like kind of a weird post, but I just got back from a therapy session and wanted to share because it feels profound to me. Today I got angry about the fact that I was repeatedly sexually assaulted when I was with my ex boyfriend, about the things that led up to it, and about the way that I was treated afterwards. I had a little rant! Anger is not an emotion that I am very familiar with - somewhere along the line I managed to stop feeling many negative emotions and got a bit numb. So, I am feeling a bit bemused because I wasn't expecting it at all...but also kind of proud. :D :D :D

I think my therapist was a bit surprised lol. She smiled lots. :D
Hi Meglet,
I personally wanted to say I am glad you felt safe to get your rant :mad: in, it not easy to do. I am so glad you shared this with us, I am so proud of you, wanted to let you know. I remember a few of my rants, oh no!!
Take care :hug:

Meg

MVP
Thanks Holly :hug: :)

I went to bed really early that night - I was all worn out!! :lol:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.