More threads by Savvy

Savvy

Hey ;)

A little about myself:

I'm 44 years old, I've been married for 20 years. We have to wonderful kids as a result.

Anyway, I have a history of being very depressed and unhappy...

For the past 6 years, my doctor has had me on anti-depressant medication, but it doesn't seem to be doing the job, as I'm always feeling up and down.

I've been doing some research and I've come to the conclusion that I suffer from bipolar II. I seem to have all the symptoms rellated to being bipolar :rolleyes:

I recently talked to my doctor and he's going to send me to be evaluated at the Royal Hospital.

But I have no doubt in my mind that I suffer from bipolar....

Later

Fiver

Savvy, I'm glad you're here. This is a place of compassion, kindness, and just a touch of smartasm. I hope you'll find it as comforting as I do.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Welcome, Savvy.

Have you been on the same antidepressant for that 6 year period? It's not uncommon for some individuals to find that a medication which works in the beginning loses its effectiveness after a few years and needs to be changed.

Which medication are you taking?

Savvy

Welcome, Savvy.

Have you been on the same antidepressant for that 6 year period? It's not uncommon for some individuals to find that a medication which works in the beginning loses its effectiveness after a few years and needs to be changed.

Which medication are you taking?

I was first on 75 mg of Effexor for about 4 years and then the generic for 2 years, but had to up it to 100 mg and now I'm on Pristic witch is 100 mg. My doctor want's me to up it to 150 mg...

Thanks for the kind welcome everybody :2thumbs:

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
OK, so the Pristiq is new. That may well work better for you. For one thing, it has a longer half-life so the blood levels of the medication will be more stable.

Savvy

OK, so the Pristiq is new. That may well work better for you. For one thing, it has a longer half-life so the blood levels of the medication will be more stable.

I'll just have to wait and see if it works for me, as I've only been on pristiq for about 2 month...

unionmary

Welcome Savvy, I think i saw that you had read my bipolar story,,,,thanks for taking the time and I hope it may have provided you some insight to what you may be feeling.

If one must be on medications, finding something that works for you is crucial. The trial process can be tuff,,,,but hang in, something will work for you, there are many drugs out there.

People support is great therapy too.

Be cool!!:D

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.