More threads by Rach

Rach

Hi to everyone!

I first became familiar with psychology when I chose it as an As level (my mum's suggestion - only intended on doing it for a year!) and became hooked! I carried it on to A level and now I’m in my final year of my degree in BSc (Hons) Psychology with Social Sciences at university in Nottingham, UK. I’m hoping this will lead to a career in psychology whereby I can become even more hooked!!

I’m currently carrying out a study for my dissertation on sexual self esteem. If anyone wants to know a bit more or wouldn’t mind participating in my survey, you can find details in the ‘Research Projects’ section (http://www.psychlinks.ca/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2824).

All the best,

Rachel.

ThatLady

Welcome, Rach! I answered your questions. Hope it helps. :eek:)

Similar threads

Yes exactly. Multiple diagnoses are permitted in the DSM but they are not always used, especially for billing and certain other purposes, so autism and ADHD are going to be the ones highlighted in such cases. It may also be a question of medications - not everyone with OCD will take medications and even if they do it may be specified as medications for depression or anxiety rather than OCD.
Replies
Views
I keep saying im ok im ok im ok in hopes that i will be i guess. i know im not but i try to convince me i am. Hard so very hard i don't want to be a burden or seen as someone so dam dam weak maybe one day it will all end just keep saying im ok. im okay im okay i have to be i just have to be.
Replies
Views
How to stop swiping and find your person on dating apps Christina Wallace April 2018 Let's face it, online dating can suck. So many potential people, so much time wasted - is it even worth it? Podcaster and entrepreneur Christina Wallace thinks so, if you do it right. In a funny, practical talk, Wallace shares how she used her MBA skill set to invent a "zero date" approach and get off swipe-based apps - and how you can, too...
Replies
Views
Highly Sensitive People with Anxiety: What to Know and How to Cope by Melissa Noel Renzi, MelissaNoelRenzi.com May 22, 2018 If you’re a highly sensitive person, you know the struggle with anxiety is real. I hear countless stories from highly sensitive people with anxiety who feel overwhelmed. Everyday situations can cause us to feel distressed in a way our non-sensitive peers may not understand. Being more attuned to your senses and...
Replies
Views
Don’t Say These Three Things To A Stressed Out Person by Skinny And Single February 14, 2018 I get stressed out, it takes a lot but it happens. Here are three things a stressed out person doesn’t need to hear. 1. Well just don’t stress about it. K, you don’t know how stress works and make sure to engrave that on my tombstone. Stress isn’t a choice. 2. Well, why do you care so much? I like suffering? I don’t know, I just do, I care about stuff…. sorry. 3. It’s not even that big a...
Replies
Views