• Quote of the Day
    "Hope is the thing with feathers, That perches in the soul,
    And sings the tune without the words, And never stops at all."
    Emily Dickinson, posted by Daniel

menoche

People always told me I just can`t stop thinking
that my brain never stops
to the point that in the middle of a conversation sometimes I just start thinking about something else and stop listening.

Recently, My wife and dad are maing fun of me because I just can`t stop counting. not counting in the sense of counting parkmeter all over again but rather calculating. Budgetting the same thing over and over again.

dunno why but numbers give me a sense of security. I can`t help it to know how many steps there are in a particular staircase, how much time it takes to drive from a to b in different scenarios, how many screws it`ll take to complete my balcony.

The more I talk about it to people around me the more the aknowledge the fact that I`m always doing it.

It now scares me. Is this really OCD? it seems to go away If i keep myself busy (read more busy than average people).

Are there any exercices I could do so it`s not so apparent to people around me?

Phil

mico

If it quacks like a duck it's probably a duck. If you think it's OCD it probably is. There's no cure for OCD but with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy combined with a SSRI [selective serotonin reuptake inhibator] like prozac, zoloft or paxil you can learn to lead a fairly normal life. I recommend you read "BrainLock" by Jeffrey M. Schwartz or "Stop Obsessing" by Edith Foad for more information.

Latest posts

Top Bottom