More threads by thebehaviourist

Hello My Names is Seamus(Shaymus)!
I am a qualified "stress consultant" and i live and work in the UK!

I just love talking about human behaviour and any related subjects and i hope to start a Degree course in Psychology early next year!

I was recently at a "works" convention and the subject of bullying in the workplace came up, this subject is not covered here?

I stood up and voiced the opiniun that it may be more to do with "Politics" and the way some people seem to undermine other people's contributions for whatever reason.

So is there any rule of thumbs that will "protect" people from this team destroying "virus".

Ash

thebehavourist said:
Hello My Names is Seamus(Shaymus)!
I am a qualified "stress consultant" and i live and work in the UK!

It's very nice to "meet" you, Seamus. Welcome! Would you mind enlightening us as to what a stress consultant does?

I stood up and voiced the opiniun that it may be more to do with "Politics" and the way some people seem to undermine other people's contributions for whatever reason.

I think it would be wonderful if you created a thread dedicated to this. I would love to discuss this seeing as my biggest complaint with work is politics. <grumble>

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder

sammy

Hello Seamus- nice to see another Brit (or are you originally from Ireland :))?
I'm from B'ham, but have been to Brentwood, visiting friends there many years ago. Is it near to Ongar? (Just checking I have the right place in mind).
Anyway! Wecome :)

Hello Mes Amies,
Thank you all for your kind words of welcome, their sentiment is reciprocated! It is nice to have a forum that is actually used and that has a lot of useful data and reference material. It will be a godsend for me in the coming years.

Anyway, so what is a "Stress Consultant?".
I am someone who can make an holistic assessment of who someone is, how they came to be them, their perceptions of who they are and how they view any environments that they have to live in and at the end of it empower them to realise that they have the skills to be a better person if they so choose. Obviously that may sound a little idealistic but i would rather aim higher if it improves my clients life.

I believe that in most areas, involving people, their lives would be better if when they achieve an element of balance, and it is any inbalance that may be the cause of some people's angst?

If you want to pidgeon hole me and try and give my ethos a name then i would humbly suggest that i am a "Perceptual Psychologist", (Undergraduate, LOL!) Would that term be considered too obvious?

Any comments?

I hope to expand on the idea of what perceptual psychology is when i post a thread on "Politics" in the work place in the very near future.......

Take care, and speak again soon!

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.