More threads by Laurie

Laurie

If anyone out there is like me, our dream is to be normal, happy, healthy and healed. I just loved this.

Never give up on a dream.

Being patient and persistent is what makes dreams come true. It's easy to get frustrated and impatient when y ou have put so much in to making your dreams a reality and yet they still seem so far away.

When you get that inkling to give up remember this old saying: "winners never quit and quitters never win".

Just when you think you've exhausted all yur possibilities, you'll find another way, a better way....and even more importantly, there's always another day.

found on http://www.meditationsforwomen.com/dailys/380976.html

dmcgill

Just when you think you've exhausted all yur possibilities, you'll find another way, a better way....and even more importantly, there's always another day.

When I was a little guy, I used to go to this sand beach close to my home. One of my favorite things to do was dig a small hole in the really dry sand and put an ant in the hole. It was very interesting to watch as the ant would use all it's might to try and get out of that hole. It looked like it was really going no where but slowly and surly, the ant would pull down the soft sand until it had made a ramp to get out of the hole and back to freedom.
Life is like that many times. We worry, fret and try dig ourself out of the pit of depression, etc but so many times we feel we are getting no where but if we take notice, we may in fact be building a ramp that we can use to get out of the pit.

Laurie

but so many times we feel we are getting no where but if we take notice, we may in fact be building a ramp that we can use to get out of the pit.

I loved your analogy. So peaceful - it makes me want to go out and do the same thing (with the ant).
I am looking at my life to see if I have been building the ramp and I just haven't been noticing it or if I'm actually digging my hole deeper. Kind of like my Charlie Brown analogy I posted earlier -- and someone replied something about "if you keep doing the same thing expecting the same results you're crazy" (they said it much better) -- I'm trying to figure out if that's what I"m doing, or if I am just not a quitter and something will come through for me if I just keep trying. I wish I had a crystal ball :)

dmcgill

Oh that proverbial hole!! The grunge called life and how to get the most out of it.

My daughter is a figure skater and I have been telling her for the past three years that when you make a mistake, go back to the beginning and start with what you know. I have seen her try to complete one of her jumps and fall, then go back and do it over and over again and continue to fall. What she is doing is practicing the mistake. The only way to correct it is to go back and start with a single. Do it over and over again until it is perfect, then add the second spin.

That is the way it is with these holes we dig for ourselves in life. We need to "not practice the mistake", Start with what we can do and then work up to the filling in of the hole when we are ready for it.

Laurie

This is wonderful! I hadn't thought of my situation like this.

The grunge called life and how to get the most out of it.

I have to rethink myself now. I think you are right, this is what I"m doing. On the one hand, it's ok to attempt to make the most of it - it's a positive thing to do, but on the other hand, I read a quote "In the quest to have more, me more, do more, you will lose yourself," that really made me back up a little. I guess the key here is balance. And I've been completely out of balance.

I have seen her try to complete one of her jumps and fall, then go back and do it over and over again and continue to fall. What she is doing is practicing the mistake. The only way to correct it is to go back and start with a single. Do it over and over again until it is perfect, then add the second spin.

This is so encouraging. I will use this example as a personal exercise. I will begin with trying to identify what I know. That alone will take a little time. But at least you've given me a direction - thank you very much!

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.