More threads by Daniel E.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Life's Too Short to Fret
(copied with permission from http://www.umich.edu/~fasap/stresstips/105.html?)

A short quiz to add perspective to life's money problems
Money creates stress for many of us. Yet having money isn't a guarantee that you will have a stress-free life.

Here are some of the men who were most admired for their accomplishments during the year of 1923. They were predicted to live the rest of their lives in luxury and happiness. While this was not the case, they did have a secret many of us would love to know:? how to make lots of money.

Now, many years later, do you know what became of them?

Most likely to succeed?
In 1923, do you know who was ...
1. President of the largest steel company?
2. President of the largest gas company?
3. Greatest wheat speculator?
4. President of the New York Stock Exchange?
5. President of the Bank of International Settlement?
6. Great Bear of Wall Street?

The rest of the story
The man who was president of the steel company, Charles Schwab, died a pauper.
The president of the largest gas company, Edward Hopson, went insane.
Arthur Cooger, the greatest wheat speculator, died penniless.
The president of the New York Stock Exchange, Richard Whitney, was released from prison to die at home.
The president of the Bank of International Settlement shot himself.
The Great Bear of Wall Street, Cosabee Rivermore, died of suicide.

When you are tempted to start worrying about money, remember these men who found the secret of wealth, but couldn't grasp happiness.

In 1923 Gene Sarazan won the U.S. Open and PGA Tournaments.
Sixty years later he was still playing golf and debt free.

Relax and take some time out to do something pleasurable - like play golf.

more stress tips at:

http://www.umich.edu/~fasap/stresstips/contents.html

just mary

Why do so many people equate money with happiness??? Money buys the necessities and the luxuries.? Why do so many of us have to have MORE than our neighbours???? I feel like a freak some days, it really doesn't matter to me how rich I am, I don't need more than the neighbour, to be honest, a? warm bed is all I need.? Mind you, a lot of people don't have a warm bed which I'm well aware of, but I don't need a fancy-dancy, super sized warm bed with an ensuite to be happy.? As long as it's soft and most importantly, safe.? Maybe that's what money buys us, safety, which equals a long life barring disease.? Oh my, gotta go to bed - I'm feeling tired.

Peanut

...with a robot vacuum cleaner cleaning under the bed.

Hey Daniel!! I don't know if I should admit to this but I have one of those robotic vaccuum cleaners! I love it but it keeps getting all tangled up with hair and then it stops moving and sometimes when it is working it falls all the way down the stairs :(
They just don't make robotic vaccuum cleaners like they used to anymore :)

just mary

Cool, I've always wondered how those things worked.? Does it work really well or just so-so?? Do you use it on carpet or non-carpeted floors?? It just doesn't look as though it would have a lot of sucking power.::)

Thanks.

Peanut

Hahaha, that's TERRIBLE Dr. B!! LOL

Mary--I would say that it does vaccuum well, but it does take longer than usual because it goes in circles over and over again. It does vaccuum underneath things like beds that are hard to reach so that's really handy. I think it's a good addition to a regular vaccuum but I wouldn't make it your only one, in case you needed to vaccuum for something sooner than say, a day ahead of time! You kind of have to lock it in one room at a time. But hey, if you hate vaccuuming as much as I do, I would reccommend it!

Dr. Baxter I am still cracking up about that...LOL

Halo

That was too funny.... thank you Dr. B for my laugh today. They say laughter is good medicine and I think every day I come on here I get to laugh.

I know what you mean about your fingers just blurting things out...here at work we always talk about our "out loud voice" and our alternate personallity. We have all nicknamed our out spoken, loud, cranky, bitchy alternate personality and we refer to them all the time.

Yes....I work in a very different/strange environment and I love it. :) :)

Nancy

Still laughing at your comment though Dr. B.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.