More threads by Cherry

Cherry

While browsing through other PTSD sights I found some of the following postive aspects of PTSD

We have an overwhelming sense of injustice and a strong desire to do something about it.

We are articulate, but sometimes prevented from this by our traumatisation.

We respond empathetically to needs and concerns of others.

We look forward to each new day as an opportunity to fight for justice.

We refuse to be beaten, we refuse to give up

We have a lack of desire for revenge, but a strong motivationf for justice.

We have a willingness to try complementary medicine and holistic thereapies.

Looking at these positive incites, I believe we are a very caring lot.

PS: My own personal mantra is "Even though I have suffered, there are many more who have suffered more" and I think that this aytipical of people who are PTSD survivors.

I also like to think as myself as a survivor, rather than a victom.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
We have an overwhelming sense of injustice and a strong desire to do something about it.

This makes perfect sense to me since the one person I know personally with PTSD majored in criminology and later worked for the local branch of the justice department. On the flip side, he used to be easily angered by the mistakes of store clerks.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Cherry said:
PS: My own personal mantra is "Even though I have suffered, there are many more who have suffered more" and I think that this aytipical of people who are PTSD survivors.
I wouldn't say it's atypical for PTSD.

Cherry

Woops! again I put my foot in my mouth. I should have just left my personal mantra as my own and not assumed that others would feel the same!

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
No, no... I didn't mean that as criticism. I just meant it as a comment that I haven't found that to be true with the PTSD clients I've seen.

Cherry

Hi David!

I'm sorry, I do seem to have difficulty with criticism, or percieved criticism. I'm just hyper sensitive. My feelings get hurt very easily, I suppose from being constantly criticised when I was a young child. Thank you for responding and being sensitive to my feelings.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.