More threads by Asuha

Asuha

I just had unprotected sex for the very first time unplanned. I am really confused about the whole ovulation thing and so I have no idea what my chances are of getting pregnant now. Can anyone explain to me how to find out what my chances are?

Retired

Check with your pharmacist immediately. There is a medication that must be used within five days, I believe is the time limit, after unprotected sex, that will prevent fertilization, by inhibiting implantation, however the time limit is critical. It is not an abortive mechanism, but rather a preventative mechanism.

The question is not what are your chances of being pregnant, but rather you need to take the necessary steps to inhibit possible implantation.

Ask for "The Morning After Pill" which is available in Canada without a prescription. Complete information on Emergency Contraception and the morning after pill in Canada can be found HERE

Information on conception and pregnancy can be found HERE

Be sure to visit your doctor as soon as possible though to discuss and to be evaluated for any possibility of sexually transmitted disease. This is important as some forms of STD can affect your fertility in future.

Additional information on sexuality, STD and contraception can be found HERE

Let us know if you need additional information.

Last edited:

NeedaName

Steve had good advice that I wasn't sure how to word myself. As a side note, if you would like to understand your cycle better, I recommend you read Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler MPH. She also has a book targeted at teens called Cycle Savvy. Brilliant author.

Asuha

Hello,

Thank you for the reply's and the information. Like I said it wasn't planned but if I am pregnant I do want to keep my baby not take the morning after pill. I was just wondering how likely it is and I was having a hard time finding useful information about it online. Buying a book would be a good idea and I think I might do that. Also I know already that I don't have any STD's and neither does my fiance. The information about conception and pregnancy was very helpful and I have a much better idea now so thank you again.

NeedaName

Just a note: The morning after pill isn't an abortion pill. It's not terminating a pregnancy, it prevents pregnancy by stopping implantation.

I'm glad the information posted was helpful. Good luck!

Asuha

Yes, I understand the difference between the morning after pill and getting an abortion. It is too late now for me to get the morning after pill as well as I was trying to say that I didn't want to anyways. I have been wanting to start a family for the past year but I have been too afraid to. I am actually hoping that I am pregnant. Sorry for the confusion.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.