More threads by David Baxter PhD

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
This forum has a two stage process for verifying new accounts. First, once you register an email is sent to the account you used for registration. You must respond by clicking on (or going to) the link contained in the email to verify that you have entered a valid and functional email address. Second, once you have completed the email verification, your account must be activated by an Administrator.

This added precaution is an attempt to weed out spammers and other michief-makers and to preserve our forum community as a safe place for our members.

If you do not receive the email verification message and/or the subsequent notification that your account has not been activated, this will almost always be because
  • you entered an invalid email address and the welcome message bounced back to me at admin @ psychlinks.ca to alert me -- if this happens, you will now be listed in the "Bugs, Problems, Invalid email" section -- see the bottom of the main index page
  • the information you entered when you registered contained something else not permitted on this forum: for example, an offensive member name (your account will be deleted), a link to an offensive website (the link will be deleted; the account may be deleted), or something else judged likely to offend or cause distress to one or more of our members
  • the forum administrator has not yet had a chance to review your registration and activate the account

If your account hasn't been activated and you want to know why or you don't think you've violated any rules and can't understand why the account hasn't been activated, email me at admin @ psychlinks.ca (remove the spaces before and after @).

Special instructions for Yahoo!, HotMail, and Gmail email addresses:
Sometimes, even with a valid email address, if you are using one of the free email accounts such as Yahoo!, your email may not be delivered. We are attempting to track down the reason for this. However, in the meantime, one solution that works for some members is to add the address admin @ psychlinks.ca (remove the spaces before and after @) to your address book as a way of informing the free provider that email from this address is not spam.

Last edited:
Re: Can't log in?

I cannot log in through netscape/aol. I have cleared out cookies and it still won't work. I'm using IE which I usually use, but sometimes I like to use netscape because I can hide it better.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder

Good to see you finally made it here, TTE! :)

Janet, I don't use Netscape anymore but be aware that there may be more than one cookie for the forum now - log out manually first, then find ALL psychlinks.ca cookies and delete them and try again.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder

Thanks to TTE's struggles, I believe I've determined what the login problem is now. I've posted over at the vBulletin support forum for a mass solution, so I don't have to manually change 2900 profiles :eek:mg: :panic:

Thanks to TTE's struggles, I believe I've determined what the login problem is now. I've posted over at the vBulletin support forum for a mass solution, so I don't have to manually change 2900 profiles :eek:mg: :panic:

:eek:
what what WHAT???

getting LAZY in your old age, huh?
:p ;)

Halo

Phoenix

By the posts that I have read of yours and your artistic ability I definitely think that you are related :D

AVC

I just joined, I see that the email verification is working fine, I got my email alright, but I think Dr. Dave activated my account before I even had a chance to click the link!

Some of us get special treatment! :eek:

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder

That's true. :)

Welcome. But in fact this forum requires both email verification AND Admin activation... extra precautions to keep our members safe from harassment.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.