More threads by David Baxter PhD

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Psychotherapy

I'll show you me, what there is to see,
the dreams, the fears, the anger inside.
I'll bring you into the darkness with me
if you hold the flame high
and warn me of demons
dancing in the shadows.
You've walked these caves before,
you know the sharp edges
and where the path narrows.
You've seen the ancient pictures
of hunted beasts.
You've seen this place, though not with me.
You can show me where the water flows,
where the sun breaks through,
where the gems glitter under the sand.
I'll show you me,
what there is to see,
if you walk ahead and hold the light.

© 1995 Veronica A. Shoffstall

Last edited by a moderator:

Similar threads

I am sorry you are feeling so frightened and worried about what will be happen but try to trust the therapist will do what is best for YOU. It does hurt to be pushed aside again and again but if this therapist says he will stay with you then try to trust those words.
Replies
Views
Regulation of Psychotherapy Regulation Frequently Asked Questions :: OACCPP Regulation Resources :: OACCPP View Bill 171 Attached are PDF :acrobat: copies of "Understanding The Psychotherapy Act" & Bill 171
Replies
Views
In Canada (Ontario), psychologists are required to maintain all clinical notes on file for clients for a period of 10 years following the client's last contact. If the client is under the age of 18, they are required to keep records until 10 years from the date at which the individual would have become 18. At the end of that time, records may be securely destroyed (e.g., shredding). Other types of therapists in Ontario and psychologists in other provinces have similar requirements, although...
Replies
Views
If it did work and the white bunny kept that face, that'd be kinda disturbing anyway. :D
Replies
Views
No Pain, No Gain: Psychotherapy and Mental Health Recovery Take Time By Jeremy Frank, Ph.D., CAC, GoodTherapy.org February 2nd, 2012 Quick, would you prefer $100 million right now, or a penny that that doubles every day for a year? Next question: Would you like to be cured of your depression, relationship problems, eating disorder, or addiction immediately, or would you like to work on it? On first glance, the...
Replies
Views