More threads by prayerbear

Is anyone receiving disability for Post-traumatic stress disorder?? Or is anyone having a hard time hanging on to jobs for this reason (PTSD)?

Is it common to have trouble hanging on to jobs with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Miss Clean :dontknow:

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Many people with PTSD may need at least a period of medical leave while they are coping with the worst of the symptoms. Most people with help probably do recover sufficiently to return to work.

Similar threads

https://psychcentral.com/health/traumatic-grief#definition “It is best to first stabilize the trauma by focusing on how to regulate emotions and calm the nervous system before trying anything else.”
Replies
Views
I myself had a similar case in my life with my wife. She devoted a lot of time to her client and I was very jealous of her because of this, and then she made scandals and we quarreled. I knew she wouldn't cheat on me, but I was furious, so for a while our relationship was pretty toxic and on edge. I love her very much so I didn't want to let us break up and after reading about the toxic relationship here breakupangels.com I realized that everything can be fixed. A couple of weeks after that...
Replies
Views
How is your back pain now? My husband had a laminectomy last year but still had a lot of chonic back pain in the lower parts of his back. So he agreed to have a spinal cord stimulator put in a few months ago, and it has helped a lot. He went from an average pain level of 4 to 7 (out of 10) in his back to a 1 or 2.
Replies
Views
Melissa Walker: Art can heal PTSDs invisible wounds | TED Talk Art can heal PTSDs invisible wounds | Melissa Walker - YouTube Trauma silences its victims, says creative arts therapist Melissa Walker, but art can help those suffering from the psychological wounds of war begin to open up and heal. In this inspiring talk, Walker describes how mask-making, in particular, allows afflicted servicemen and women reveal what haunts them -- and, finally, start to let it go.
Replies
Views
An alternative view: Prolonged exposure therapy for PTSD: The VAs treatment has dangerous side effects.
Replies
Views