More threads by Rosa

Rosa

you must of remembered me :) I was just standing around thinking gee I sure would like some feedback regarding my meds but I really don't have anyone to ask then I remembered YOU!!!!!:rolleyes: You probably don't remember much about me except for the fact that I have my dogs.....well Dr I use to just be on Zoloft 200mg but now I'm really starting to worry with all the meds my doctor has me on.

I've been diagnosised with Major Depression Disorder and everytime I get depressed my doctor adds meds. Right now:

Zoloft 200mg
Trazadone 100 mgs.
Abilify 15mg
Lamictal (just starting that one and the doze increases as you go along until you get to the max)
Dextraamphine 10 mgs
Klonopin .5 mg as needed

I think thats it but doesn't that seem like alot of meds????? I don't really have anyone else to ask about this so your feedback is really important to me. I know you were there for me before so I trust and respect what you have to say. Can you give me your ideas on this??

As always
Rosa

and thanks for activating me again :) I forgot the Cymbalta 60 mg day
it feels great to be home again!!!!

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Re: Dr Baxter

It sounds like your doctor has added some additional meds to boost the effectiveness of the Zoloft (Abilify), to help you sleep better (trazodone), to reduce your anxiety (klonopin), and to level out your moods (Lamictal).

I don't know what "Dextraamphine" is... can you check the spelling of that one?

Cymbalta is a second antidepressant which is an SNRI (selective norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor), while Zoloft is an SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor). In tandem, they are sometimes more potent in treating depression and/or anxiety. Another medication, Effexor combines both in a single medication - it is both an SSRI and an SNRI.

Added: See correction below at View Single Post - Questions about medication combinations

Rosa

Re: Dr Baxter

Yes!!! Thats exactly what he said-he was adding the Abilify to increase the effectiveness of the Zoloft. The Dextraamphete (sp?) is like a legal speed I think-anphetimines (I know I'm spelling it wrong, but am not at home where the meds are). So it sounds like this isn't overkill if you will. Thanks so much for your time and expertise I'm thrilled that I remembered you and you I. Like I wrote before I really respect your opinion and appreciate your feedback.
Sincerely
Rosa

I think I found it...its Dextraamphetamine....

Last edited:

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
David Baxter said:
Cymbalta is a second antidepressant which is an SNRI (selective norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor), while Zoloft is an SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor). In tandem, they are sometimes more potent in treating depression and/or anxiety. Another medication, Effexor combines both in a single medication - it is both an SSRI and an SNRI.

Correction: I have been informed that Cymbalta, like Effexor, is a dual-action SSRI/SNRI medication, designed as a competitor to Effexor.

Thanks, Steve, for that information! :)

Rosa

thanks again for your feedback and sharing your knowledge. Was kind of feeling a bit like a ginny pig, but things are making more sense now.
Be well
Rosa

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.