More threads by Halo

Trust

Good morning everyone!:D

Thinking about you Charity and hoping you and your husband are doing great with stopping smoking!! :2thumbs:

I am loving that my car and my house smell so fresh (yes I smoked everywhere - literally - yuk!!) and the best part for me is that I don't have to feel ashamed of my behaviour and I don't feel guilty anymore - I can have my kids and grandkids over to the house without worrying and feeling that I may be exposing them to harmful second hand smoke. I never actively smoked around the children, but I was always aware that the leftover tar and nicotine in my home and car was not good for them, and now I don't have to waste energy on feeling anxious about that - no worries - yes, worry free in that regard - I feel so happy about that and I cannot underestimate just how important this aspect of stopping smoking is for me!:2thumbs: Guilt and worry are very draining emotions and now that I have rid myself of the biggest reason to feel either of these negative things, I have lots of energy to focus on better things like just enjoying the relationships I have with my loved ones!

Wishing everyone here all the best and hoping one day you will find the same freedom in your life! I know now that it is not only possible, but the benefits are practically immediate and far outweigh any false comfort that we are brainwashed to believe we get from cigarettes. I know you can make the choice to stop smoking and embrace the freedom you desire and deserve - if I can do it (a die-hard/40 year/1 & 1/2 pack a day habit/former smoker) anyone can do it! I am not saying that out of arrogance - actually, I am telling you the truth, because for many years - the whole time I smoked - I did not really believe I could stop smoking and not suffer! Now I do know that belief was one of the myths that prevented me from making the decision to stop smoking before, and I hope you will not be disuaded from choosing to stop smoking because of the same lies. You can do it, and it can be a much easier and more manageable experience than you imagine!!

To anyone considering making the decision to stop smoking, I am thinking of you and rooting for you! :2thumbs:

paul d

i smoked since i was 14 up until a 1 1/2 years ago. i always thought i would smoke for the rest of my life because smoking was a big part of my life. smoking was my best friend and liked to have a ciggerete with every activity. i used look forward to having a cigerette after meals, and they were the best in the mornings, and comforted me. well, atleast that's the way i seen it, and those were the thoughts that ran through my head when i had a cigerette craving.

the thoughts you dont think about are the black flehm/tar you cough up, the nasty taste in your mouth you get later on the day, the asthma like symptoms and all the rest of the negatives of smoking that you get, that dont come to mind when craving a cigerette.

everytime i craved a cigerette, those were the only memories i would allow myself to think about when i was in the process of quiting. get your mind off the habit of looking at smoking as a good thing. smoking is actually easier to quit then you let yourself believe, and gets easier and easier to resist the longer you stay away from it.

at one point i was smoking 2 packs a day, now i can be around people who smoke all day and not want to smoke. as a matter of fact it discusts me now. i'm glad i decided to quit and you will too. anyone can do it. heck my brother was the worst chainsmoker i have ever seen. you had to hide your cigerettes from him cause he would smoke all his then your cigerettes in one sitting. he practically would have a cigerette inbetween each finger(not literally), and he ended up quiting also and has no problem with it now. if he can quit, there is no reason or excuse any shouldnt be able to quit. one of the bes decisions you can make in your life that you wont regret.

congradulatoins. i think the longest ive ever gone isa week or two!
BUT i really really want to quit smoking because Ive become a ch ainsmoker over the past month its terrible I HATE smoking I feel theres no hope for me. Right now just trying not to smoke...its so hard

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.