More threads by squirt2

squirt2

Really want to quit this dreadful cigarette smoking habit and the way in which it controls my life. Have been smoking longer than I care to remember or admit to. Do not want to go the drug or cessation devices route. Have had acupuncture twice, tried Nicorette Gum and Resolve Tablets. Managed to quit for only a couple of weeks but that was many years ago. At the moment, I can manage to get down to about 3 cigarettes per day, but cannot seem to get beyond this and kick it altogether as the addiction is stronger than me. Don't have any real stress in my life other than the stress of fighting this horrible craving. I am well aware of all the reasons for not smoking, so it's just the addictive dependency I'm trying to eliminate. I'm a closet smoker, always outdoors, but feel silly trying to find an alley to hide and have my quick fix. Anybody out there who could share their stories or pass on some advice would be so appreciated.

lallieth

Hi Squirt

Iam planning to quit May 1st if you want a quit buddy...I use this

Its hosted by the Canadian cancer society and has a cool quit meter you can put on your desktop,which helps keep track of how long you have stopped smoking and how much money you save

Smokers' Helpline Online

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.