More threads by Halo

Sigh... not there yet. I wanted to, Jazz, but s*** happens. After yesterday, sheesh! I'm sure there'll be a post aout yesterday at some point.

I am still joining you; my date's been reset to this Saturday. And I think this time, no matter what may happen, I'm just going to have to bite the bullet.

If we could just make the world stop for a bit while we break this addiction... :rolleyes: Not gonna happen, I guess.

Sorry to waffle yet again.

Jackie

I'm sure you will be fine. Do you have those inhalers in your country, like a stick with little nicotine capsules in, which you puff on like a ciggie? My boyfriend used them with the patches and he found they helped as he was still putting something in this mouth and had something to do with his hands. He used them for about a month and then stopped and just continue with the patches till he came off it all completely.

Note: He had permission from the Dr to use two types of nicotine subsitute, always ask first before doing this as I know it can cause problems and isn't always recommended.

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

NICORETTE? - Inhalator

HBas

Hey Jazzey, Hope that you are still holding out and doing better every second!

Charity, You are very brave just to think about it ;) I cannot say the same!

Have you guys heard about the Twisp - My friend just got one and it seems like a good idea if you are not ready to stop smoking but want to start cutting out some of the unnecessary cemicals. You don't have to let go of the habit right away but ... I have tasted it and you get different types of flavours - a bit like a Hubbly. I don't know - it is of course better to stop all together.

Any Oppinions?
Twisp - The Electronic Cigarette

HB

Jazzey

Account Closed
I've never heard of it HBas. But if it helps you quit, then it's already a great little gadget. :)

And thank you for the words of encouragements HBas :) :hug::hug:

I think I have a final date set. My husband has decided to quit with me (!!!) which will certainly make things easier. :)
We're looking at this Saturday. We talked about it last night, and we decided to go through the apartment on Friday evening and get rid of all the ashtrays and such. We'll try to plan our supply of smokes to run out that night, and wake up Saturday as quitters. :eek:mg:
I dread the thought, both in itself and also because of how it went last time I tried... It has to be done, though. We can't afford to keep buying the things as they get more and more expensive, and also, I hate the thought of being so tied down to something. I want to be free of it, not the slave of the Nicodemon (shoutout to Quitnet, lol).

Hope things are going okay for Jazzey and anyone else who's in active withdrawal at the moment!! I did lots of very stupid things in my younger days, and I know for a fact that there's nothing harder to quit (and stay quit) than plain old tobacco. Best of luck to you! And to us too lol!

Jazzey

Account Closed
:thewave: Cheering you all the way Charity! :) Yesterday was a little rough. Today I'm just feeling really tired - I think from the withdrawal (and maybe some remnant of the 'pneumonis') :).

It still probably a little easier for me to do it right now though because of being sick? I don't know...It's more of the habit that I'm missing if that makes sense....

Trust

Hey Jazzey!:):)

I have been thinking about you and wondering how you are doing with your quitting the beast! Sleep, eat and be merry -(or not :mad:) - whatever it takes to get you through the worst moments - they will pass!!

Let me know - I am in AWE of you and I know you can do it :2thumbs:- and I see you have inspired Charity and her husband as well - and me too - soon:) - but don't feel any pressure to do this for anyone else but you! I admire you for so many reasons that have nothing to do with quitting smoking and it is just an addiction - and we are so much more than the demons we struggle to silence!

You have a super day Jazzey - I'll be thinking of you and will check in later!:D

And Charity if you are reading - congrats to you for your decision :2thumbs:- I hope you will succeed as well and I believe you will! Now I just have to convince myself that my words of support for others can be internalized and then I will be able to follow through on my own good intentions to quit!!:D

Jazzey

Account Closed
Thanks Trust. :) It's actually going well. But I also think that it's going well because I'm still a little sick :lol:. Normally by this point (day 3) I'd want to chew my hand off, or worst yet - someone else's :yikes: :D

And I won't take the credit for Charity and hubby - Charity is the one who prompted all of this. So instead, I'll thank her for encouraging me to do this. :)

Trust...when you're ready - we'll all be here. :)

Trust

Hey Jazzey!

No need at all to say sorry!! You did it for three days straight and that's the TOUGHEST 3 days but I know you can get back on the wagon today and I'm wishing you the best of luck as you navigate all the feelings associated with withdrawal!

Try not to beat yourself up for falling down a little because that isn't fair to you - after all your hard work you deserve a big pat on your back from yourself and others including me!!!

Good luck today Jazzey - You can do this and I will be thinking of you!! When you feel you may be tempted come here and write about how you are feeling and maybe that will help? When I quit I will probably end up writing a book because writing helps me cope! Do whatever it takes to be kind and patient with yourself today - one moment at a time and you will get were you're going!!:2thumbs:

:goodluck::friends::cheerleader::thewave::support::hug::hug:

Trust

Hey Jazzey!

Almost another half a day and no smoking!:2thumbs: It will get easier to manage - I am thinking about you right now and you will be in my thoughts as the day progresses - and you are making AMAZING PROGRESS!!!:thewave:

:friends::cheerleader::hug::hug::support:

How you hanging in there, Jazz? I know you can do it!!

I feel ready, as much as that's possible. Our plan is still to go to bed as smokers Friday night and wake up as NON-smokers Saturday morning. I want to be done with this!

I've already made the decision that smoking will no longer be an option. I know from my last attempt that I can handle it willpower-wise. I'm just still terrified that the changes in my mind and body will overwhelm me again, play their dirty tricks and send me back to that dark and terrible place. BUT, if that does seem to be happening, it still won't mean I can smoke to save my mental health. If I need to, I'll get some nicotine in me some other way (patches, gum, etc.). If that doesn't do enough to help, I'll go to the damned emergency room if I have to. I'm not going to smoke again once I quit.

That's why I've been pushing off the date, trying to get everything settled in my mind first. I want this to be the last time I ever, ever, ever have to do this. I'm pretty well expecting this to be an unbelievably difficult and traumatic time. But I think the fact that I know that, and still want to do it anyway, must mean that I really want to do it, right?

It's just really scary after last time. I don't ever want to feel that way again, but I guess I will if I have to to get this out of my life once and for all.

Maybe it'll be different this time for some reason....? Don't know why it would, but maybe...

Wow, how I wish I could go back to my fifteen-year-old self buying that very first pack and punch her square in the face!!! :hissyfit:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.