More threads by Banned

Banned

Banned
I have been finding lately that I really, really miss therapy. I've been out for almost two years, save a couple "pop-in" visits to touch base and say hi. I want to go back but I don't really have anything to work on. I miss the intensity, the ah-ha moments, the ability to talk about anything. Any time I've gone back though I'm told how fantastic I'm doing and it's true. I miss it, a lot, but don't really need it anymore. Sigh...

You miss the social aspect of it and the connection you had
It is good to be able to talk to someone about how you are doing and what path next that should be approached

Maybe set up some time with you therapist to just see if he or she can help you keep moving forward and not slip backwards

Banned

Banned
I do pop in once or twice a year just to make sure I'm on track and doing o, and to keep my file open. I miss the growth that I felt and the sense of accomplishment, mistly. And learning so much about myslef. My therapist and I outgrew each other a few years ago but I haven't found anyone else who could take me further, although I tried a few others here. I guess this is a good problem to have - I'm stable, so self-harming or thoughts of suicide in 19 months, love my jobs and my life. Never thought I could be this happy and healthy, so maybe its greedy to want even more. Not sure...

adaptive1

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
Maybe you could try and find a connection with some some new friends or get to know some new people? Maybe finding some people you really connect with would give you a different feeling but it could still be rewarding? I don't know, that might not be the same. I really am so impressed with your progress, it is really inspiring.

Banned

Banned
Thanks adaptive. Its been a lot of work but its totally been worth it. I get really excited for the future now and can handle stress in my life without going ov er the edge. Its kind of neat seeing the skills you've worked so hard on actually work for you. Its like "huh, guess he was right all along". I'm a questioner and analyzer which sometimes works for me and sometimes against me, but I'm learning.

I've done a really good job of expanding my comfort zone and doing things there's no way I would have done a couple years ago, so I'm making progress there. I think I miss the relative safety of therapy and the intensity of the relationship. I'm going to see her Friday but just because I have to testify in court ina couple weeks and I don't really know what to expect, so it'll be more like a consult than therapy.

adaptive1

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
You seem so positive now, that's great. At times I miss the support of therapy too, because i dont know where else to find that other than myself and this forum. It's hard to just open up to people, especially when mental health issues come into play. I have been thinking of going back myself but I don't know right now. It can be confusing.

---------- Post Merged at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:23

Last edited:

Banned

Banned
We both agreed that she took me as far as she could. We talked about it for some time at great length. She wasn't really into CBT and I had just learned it and was all excited, so little things like that. I still go see her once or twice a year but not necessarily for growth - more for maintenance.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.