More threads by Ashley-Kate

okay i had a minor set back because well i am not going to excuse it but my mom forgot to wake me up this morning so that i could go to the gym with her and i felt really bad like emotionnaly i was going threw hell so i cut i did not lose controle and i have not cut again since this morning i know it sounds stupid i cut myself cause i cuold not go to the gy m but that is normally what puts me in a state that i feel the need to cut. i spoke to my mom this morning and tomorrow she will wake me up if i don't get out of bed so well that is under controle and well tomorrow it will be day one of no cutting i can beet three weeks. my objective is passed 4 weeks.no cutting
yours trully
ashley

Holly

Re: relapse

Hi Ashley-Kate,
After being raped I developed a plan to help me become aware of what to do if I was assaulted? It was a way to feel safe again in the community, going to the grocery store, out with the kids. Everyday types of things that I was too afaid to do! I was wondering if you ever thought of having a plan in place when you get bothered by something that you could do personally that would not lead to cutting?

I have only read books about cutting, the one book I have read is called "Cutting" "Understanding and Overcoming Self- Mutilation" by Steven Levenkron

In the book on the cover inside it even mentions Princess Diane was cutting, I never knew that, but it does have many resources. You may want to ask David about other resources also.
This may be help ful to us reading who do not know about cutting: this site you can read more about the reasons, etc. remembering every person is different also:

Also this site explains about what cutting is Cutting & Self-Injury (for Teens) - Nemours KidsHealth
1. Tell someone. People who have stopped cutting often say the first step is the hardest - admitting to or talking about cutting. But they also say that after they open up about it, they often feel a great sense of relief. Choose someone you trust to talk to at first (a parent, school counselor, teacher, coach, doctor, or nurse). If it's too difficult to bring up the topic in person, write a note.

2. Identify the trouble that's triggering the cutting. Cutting is a way of reacting to emotional tension or pain. Try to figure out what feelings or situations are causing you to cut. Is it anger? Pressure to be perfect? Relationship trouble? A painful loss or trauma? Mean criticism or mistreatment? Identify the trouble you're having, then tell someone about it. Many people have trouble figuring this part out on their own. This is where a mental health professional can be helpful.

3. Ask for help. Tell someone that you want help dealing with your troubles and the cutting. If the person you ask doesn't help you get the assistance you need, ask someone else. Sometimes adults try to downplay the problems teens have or think they're just a phase. If you get the feeling this is happening to you, find another adult (such as a school counselor or nurse) who can make your case for you.

4. Work on it. Most people with deep emotional pain or distress need to work with a counselor or mental health professional to sort through strong feelings, heal past hurts, and to learn better ways to cope with life's stresses. One way to find a therapist or counselor is to ask at your doctor's office, at school, or at a mental health clinic in your community.

I hope this is helpful the idea of having a plan Ashley-Kate, it did work out for me, and I just wanted to share that with you ok
Take care and all the best to you :)I am sure you can make it to four weeks!! ;)

Mia713

Hi Ashley,
I am very proud of you for going as long as you did without cutting. Trust me, I know how hard that is. Also I can definitely relate to that feeling of cutting over something that seems stupid. Usually when I would cut it would be over the most insignificant things. You are not alone. I think a lot of cutters feel this way. Keep up the good work, and know you are in my thoughts.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.