More threads by db2kp

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
The reason I asked about that is because you are of course grieving and that is a process which must unfold as you are able to let it unfold. But if you find that you are unable to sleep or eat normally, this can create a vicious cycle which can lead to disruption of the normal brain chemistry and in turn to what is called "complicated bereavement" and possibly a major depressive episode.

If you find that it continues to be difficult to get to sleep and get a decent night's sleep, it might be worth going to see your doctor, initially just to get a temporary prescription for something to help you sleep better.

db2kp

So, if I am able to get to sleep, that is a good thing, correct?
In the morning, I don't want to get up...but then again, I didn't have to get up until later, so maybe I'm just sleeping in like anyone else.

This thing with J has really got me down too. I don't need this right now.

I'm just feeling droopy. But then again, I feel like I'm feeling sorry for myself...like, "oh, wo is me" type of thing, and I don't want to be like that.
It's too much to resolve the relationship thing right now when I'm thinking about my dad and his final days. Last nite I was un-boxing his things from the nursing home...it's just sad.

J is no help at all right now.

D

db2kp

So, if I am able to get to sleep, that is a good thing, correct?
In the morning, I don't want to get up...but then again, I didn't have to get up until later, so maybe I'm just sleeping in like anyone else.

This thing with J has really got me down too. I don't need this right now.

I'm just feeling droopy. But then again, I feel like I'm feeling sorry for myself...like, "oh, wo is me" type of thing, and I don't want to be like that.
It's too much to resolve the relationship thing right now when I'm thinking about my dad and his final days. Last nite I was un-boxing his things from the nursing home...it's just sad.

J is no help at all right now.

D

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Yes, sleeping is a good thing, as long as it doesn't become excessive ("escape sleeping").

And that's not "feeling sorry for yourself", db2kp... that's grief. You have a right to grieve and a need to grieve. You have suffered losses.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Yes, sleeping is a good thing, as long as it doesn't become excessive ("escape sleeping").

And that's not "feeling sorry for yourself", db2kp... that's grief. You have a right to grieve and a need to grieve. You have suffered losses.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.