More threads by desiderata

desiderata

It's all about freedom and the weather takes away certain freedoms. I know there are activities in the winter time but they are limited. Winter takes away the ability to just walk outside and do something. And the endless grey days don't help my mood!

It's all about freedom and the weather takes away certain freedoms. I know there are activities in the winter time but they are limited. Winter takes away the ability to just walk outside and do something. And the endless grey days don't help my mood!

I hear you for sure at least the days are a bit longer now so we know that it can only be a few months now and warmer weather again will be with us

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Winter is hard. Seems to get harder as you get older too. But the shortest day of the year was December 21 and the days are getting slightly longer already. Spring is only a couple of months away.

PrincessX

Account Closed
Have you ever asked your doctor if light therapy, also called phototherapy for seasonal affective disorder might be right for you?
All you have to do Desiderata if you decide to give it a try is buy a sunlight lamp or go to a place that offers light therapy, some spas and fitness or physiotherapy centers do. You don't even need a referral for that, just a little bit of money. Although, unless you try Sybaritic or some other expensive technology, it would be cheaper to buy a phototherapy or light therapy device for your home,

Banned

Banned
I have heard from quite a few people that when used properly they at least help. They're not a cure-all, but they've made a difference. I have one but I never use it so I can't speak from personal experience.

Yes i have seen it work but it has to be used not put aside and not plugged in put it on a desk where you will be sitting at during day or by your computer so you don't forget to use it

PrincessX

Account Closed
The whole body light therapy works well, if you do research on the technology used and choose wisely. There is tons of articles on near-infrared light therapy, it works and seems to have no side effects in my experience. Lifts my mood a lot.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.