More threads by Cat Dancer

lallieth

Clinical depression is characterized by the presence of the majority of these symptoms:

* Depressed mood most of the day, nearly every day, as indicated by either subjective report (e.g., feeling sad or empty) or observation made by others (e.g., appears tearful). (In children and adolescents, this may be characterized as an irritable mood.)
* Markedly diminished interest or pleasure in all, or almost all, activities most of the day, nearly every day
* Significant weight loss when not dieting or weight gain (e.g., a change of more than 5% of body weight in a month), or decrease or increase in appetite nearly every day.
* Insomnia or hypersomnia nearly every day
* Psychomotor agitation or retardation nearly every day
* Fatigue or loss of energy nearly every day
* Feelings of worthlessness or excessive or inappropriate guilt nearly every day
* Diminished ability to think or concentrate, or indecisiveness, nearly every day
* Recurrent thoughts of death (not just fear of dying), recurrent suicidal ideation without a specific plan, or a suicide attempt or a specific plan for committing suicide

Psych Central: Depression and Major Depressive Disorder Symptoms

lonely cat

I do not know what I had was a depresion or not,but I feel getting better and recovering myself.
Depressed mood most of the day
I was feeling depressed the last 15 days.It was intense.I did all my house work,helped my daughters homework, and tried to hide my behaviour from my kids.But sometimes your eyes look so different that you cannot hide it.When my daughter asked why I looked sorry I told her that my tooth was aching.
Markedly diminished interest or pleasure in all
I like watching TV but all I was doing; was to lay on the bed ,when my children were at school, and close my eyes without sleeping.
Significant weight loss when not dieting or weight gain
I always gain 3kg s a week when I feel bad.I do not think there is an increased appetite though.
Insomnia or hypersomnia nearly every day
I am a night owl type of person.I go to sleep nearly at 1am.But now I can only go to slep at 4am,and every day it goes later.
Fatigue or loss of energy
Me who takes a shower everyday,did not take a shower for fifteen days.I am ashamed to tell this but I did not even take of the same t-shirt for 15 days.When going out I put new clothes on top of the other.Today I took a bath and changed my clothes.
Feelings of worthlessness
I wrote this in one of my posts.I felt just like this.
Recurrent thoughts of death (not just fear of dying), recurrent suicidal ideation
That was why I came to this forum,to talk with others and making my mind busy at that time trying to forget thinking about suicide.It was in the middle of the night there was no one to call so God helped and I found this forum.
Now I feel a little better,just like recovering from a disease(catching cold)
I also feel just like if I was struck by a truck.
Now I will go out more,talk with my friends and try to be happy.I am trying hard thats all.

Can you believe this;the night which I registered to this forum, I turned on the TV to watch.In the film the woman tried to kill herself,I got more and more down,I changed to another channel,there was Jack Nicholson acting a depressive and compulsive man.So I came here.

Last edited:
Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.