More threads by iamcurious

When asked to elaborate on a statement, a friend gave me the following response:

Wow, how to elaborate on self-image and security.... Well, I guess over the past 5 years I have grown more into my own skin. I was spending too much time on people who did not reciprocate my love and positive energy. I guess I was doing that because I thought they had something that made me feel more important in a way. Once I started to consciously decide who I wanted to focus my energy on, the stronger I became. Because I feel more comfortable with myself, I feel empowered and therefore secure. Ultimately, I depend on myself and feel fortunate when someone wants to contribute to my cause.

While I've started to form my own thoughts to this concept, I'm curious as to what those of you here think...

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Because I feel more comfortable with myself, I feel empowered and therefore secure. Ultimately, I depend on myself and feel fortunate when someone wants to contribute to my cause.

Very true, and it reminds me of a line from the movie Lost in Translation:

The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you.

Jade

Quote:I was spending too much time on people who did not reciprocate my love and positive energy. I guess I was doing that because I thought they had something that made me feel more important in a way. Once I started to consciously decide who I wanted to focus my energy on, the stronger I became. Because I feel more comfortable with myself, I feel empowered and therefore secure. Ultimately, I depend on myself and feel fortunate when someone wants to contribute to my cause.

So, how do you get to this point???? Even though you know the above is true and want to how do get there?

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.