More threads by haunting

haunting

I have gone a week now with only a few small things that I have taken in. I am starting to over excersise again, just wanting to get my mind away from everything else. It only makes me hurt more as my body has already taking a beating.

I am so hungry yet when I try to eat its like my body screams out-- NO!!! I went grocery shopping and bought some of my most favorite food items so that maybe it would help able me to force something down. So far my attempts with food have failed.

My doctor is concerned about the weight again as I have lost several pounds recently. He is sending me for blood work and that scares me to death.

Things had changed so much in regards to food issues, I was trying to hold on to the mind set that food is not bad: its the illness that destroys the ones it tries to control. I know that this is only a set back but I feel really down with the fact that I am at this point again. One thing that I had discovered about myself is when I am struggling with other serious issues in my life, the eating problems heighten. I also realized that with the lack of nutrition in my body its hard to make sense of anything, the confusion frustrates me as my mind seems unclear. Even writing this is hard, I have to keep going back to read what I had typed, often needing to fix the jumbled up mess. My t said that as I starve my body, I starve my brain so the confusion and inability to focus only makes sense.

My doc wants me to buy some drink supplements so I am going to purchase a few different types and try this. Maybe this will be successful.
(please ignore my terrible spelling)

Thanks,

Haunting

haunting

starvation and pain

I have gone a week now with only a few small things that I have taken in. I am starting to over excersise again, just wanting to get my mind away from everything else. It only makes me hurt more as my body has already taking a beating.

I am so hungry yet when I try to eat its like my body screams out-- NO!!! I went grocery shopping and bought some of my most favorite food items so that maybe it would help able me to force something down. So far my attempts with food have failed.

My doctor is concerned about the weight again as I have lost several pounds recently. He is sending me for blood work and that scares me to death.

Things had changed so much in regards to food issues, I was trying to hold on to the mind set that food is not bad: its the illness that destroys the ones it tries to control. I know that this is only a set back but I feel really down with the fact that I am at this point again. One thing that I had discovered about myself is when I am struggling with other serious issues in my life, the eating problems heighten. I also realized that with the lack of nutrition in my body its hard to make sense of anything, the confusion frustrates me as my mind seems unclear. Even writing this is hard, I have to keep going back to read what I had typed, often needing to fix the jumbled up mess. My t said that as I starve my body, I starve my brain so the confusion and inability to focus only makes sense.

My doc wants me to buy some drink supplements so I am going to purchase a few different types and try this. Maybe this will be successful.
(please ignore my terrible spelling)

Thanks,

Haunting

G

starvation and pain

first of all keep everything in limit . dont overexercise and tax your body.
it will only make you fell tired all day.
maybe thats why you dont feel like eating as your body is tired.
here are a few tips

Eat smaller portions more often.
- Try different tastes to stimulate your appetite: bitter, sour, salty, sweet.
- Drink liquids separately from meals.
- Drink juice, milk or milkshakes instead of low-calorie fluids like tea, broth or coffee.
- Make the most of each mouthful. Even if you cannot eat much food, choose foods that are high in calories and protein.
- Do not use foods that are labelled "Light", "Lite", "Calorie-Reduced" or "Low-Calorie".
- Take advantage of times when your appetite is best.
- Use liquid nutrition supplements when you need to.
- Add ingredients to boost your nutrition (see list that follows).
- Do some mild exercise before eating.
- Check your weight regularly. See your dietitian if you have difficulty keeping weight on. See your doctor if the problem continues.

G

starvation and pain

first of all keep everything in limit . dont overexercise and tax your body.
it will only make you fell tired all day.
maybe thats why you dont feel like eating as your body is tired.
here are a few tips

Eat smaller portions more often.
- Try different tastes to stimulate your appetite: bitter, sour, salty, sweet.
- Drink liquids separately from meals.
- Drink juice, milk or milkshakes instead of low-calorie fluids like tea, broth or coffee.
- Make the most of each mouthful. Even if you cannot eat much food, choose foods that are high in calories and protein.
- Do not use foods that are labelled "Light", "Lite", "Calorie-Reduced" or "Low-Calorie".
- Take advantage of times when your appetite is best.
- Use liquid nutrition supplements when you need to.
- Add ingredients to boost your nutrition (see list that follows).
- Do some mild exercise before eating.
- Check your weight regularly. See your dietitian if you have difficulty keeping weight on. See your doctor if the problem continues.

haunting

starvation and pain

These are some wonderful ideas bluefin and I hope that I can get to this point oneday. I have been dealing with anorexia and bulimia for years, this past year being the worst. I am in contact with my doctor regularily as I have had severe problems maintaining potassium levels etc.

I am very hungry yet as soon as I go to eat something I get upset. The sight of food starts this negative voice in my head that I don't deserve to eat. Like I said, its the illness trying to take control.

When I do eat, it is usually the light, reduced foods or fruits and veggies. I weigh everything and don't normally eat anymore than a half of a cup of something and that would be it for a few days. Lately its been only coffee that I am drinking and I know that this is the main cause of my severe headaches followed with the dizzy spells.

So why do this? Does not make sense to me. I want to eat, I want to drink yet my mind is sceaming at me. I am dealing with this though, just saw my doctor today. I have to go for blood work and if my levels are down it looks like it will be IV's again until I am able to maintain proper nutrition of my own.

Haunting

haunting

starvation and pain

These are some wonderful ideas bluefin and I hope that I can get to this point oneday. I have been dealing with anorexia and bulimia for years, this past year being the worst. I am in contact with my doctor regularily as I have had severe problems maintaining potassium levels etc.

I am very hungry yet as soon as I go to eat something I get upset. The sight of food starts this negative voice in my head that I don't deserve to eat. Like I said, its the illness trying to take control.

When I do eat, it is usually the light, reduced foods or fruits and veggies. I weigh everything and don't normally eat anymore than a half of a cup of something and that would be it for a few days. Lately its been only coffee that I am drinking and I know that this is the main cause of my severe headaches followed with the dizzy spells.

So why do this? Does not make sense to me. I want to eat, I want to drink yet my mind is sceaming at me. I am dealing with this though, just saw my doctor today. I have to go for blood work and if my levels are down it looks like it will be IV's again until I am able to maintain proper nutrition of my own.

Haunting

KiM

starvation and pain

drink supplements are great... i am taking this protein powder and you micx it in healhty milkshakes, plain milk etc... and its yummy without actually realizing that youre taking it in. furthermore, protein builds muscle and i see it with myself that my muscles have become more prominent - only a positive thing!!
and gosh darling, you deserve so so much more than this.
i have learned these past 3 motnhs that food is an amazing thing, is social, it does make you feel good. ... yweh, i dont eat sugar or fried foods, but the foods i love i really enjoy. and that a LOT of veg and fruit, fish and chicken ... i also love pasta ..... it seems like its deeper than just gaining weight, but if that is also what youre worried about, try the 'montignac' way of life ..... a lot of people i know do it to maintain their weight and its really healthy ,... you can eat a lot of yummy stiuff and feel good. thats the diet i follow and i feel great. its spo importatnt to find a healthy balance ... look at yourself in the irror and ask yourself if this is really what you want ........... and you know, youll say no. so change.. please. you have one life ... thats been my dads motto fro years and ive had that in mind. andit has helped me. we are submitting ourselves to an earlier death, to not living life to the full, to not enjoying life ... is it all worthj it just to what? satisfy a sick need we have/ to look thinner? to feel better, whicvh we think, even tho we dont ........... it is a tough world we live in and we needto be so so strong. please. do it for you, and the people that love you.find the strenght inside yourself to appreciate what life gives yiou. distrat yourself and enjoy it. and youll love yourself so much more. yoiulllook so much more beautiful, youll radiate from the inside out.
xx

KiM

starvation and pain

drink supplements are great... i am taking this protein powder and you micx it in healhty milkshakes, plain milk etc... and its yummy without actually realizing that youre taking it in. furthermore, protein builds muscle and i see it with myself that my muscles have become more prominent - only a positive thing!!
and gosh darling, you deserve so so much more than this.
i have learned these past 3 motnhs that food is an amazing thing, is social, it does make you feel good. ... yweh, i dont eat sugar or fried foods, but the foods i love i really enjoy. and that a LOT of veg and fruit, fish and chicken ... i also love pasta ..... it seems like its deeper than just gaining weight, but if that is also what youre worried about, try the 'montignac' way of life ..... a lot of people i know do it to maintain their weight and its really healthy ,... you can eat a lot of yummy stiuff and feel good. thats the diet i follow and i feel great. its spo importatnt to find a healthy balance ... look at yourself in the irror and ask yourself if this is really what you want ........... and you know, youll say no. so change.. please. you have one life ... thats been my dads motto fro years and ive had that in mind. andit has helped me. we are submitting ourselves to an earlier death, to not living life to the full, to not enjoying life ... is it all worthj it just to what? satisfy a sick need we have/ to look thinner? to feel better, whicvh we think, even tho we dont ........... it is a tough world we live in and we needto be so so strong. please. do it for you, and the people that love you.find the strenght inside yourself to appreciate what life gives yiou. distrat yourself and enjoy it. and youll love yourself so much more. yoiulllook so much more beautiful, youll radiate from the inside out.
xx

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.