More threads by Retired

Retired

A vaccine is an interesting idea - i'd like to be a test subject!!
I read they are also trying to develop a vaccine for cocaine addiction

Yes, from what I have read too, using vaccines to treat addiction is being investigated for treatments of the future.

There appear to be several ongoing trials for NicVax, but all appear to be closed to new subjects according to this summary.

Jazzey

Account Closed
I sincerely wish you the best of luck with your program.

Funny - sometimes I really don't like the taste, feeling, smell etc. Maybe I'm just into torturing myself (just kidding). :confused:

One of these days...........

Yes, I understand that part of it too. There are days that I really hate the smell, and I'm really self-conscious about others smelling the tobacco on me.

Also, I hate, hate people smoking in cars, or when I'm running outdoors, or around food - hate it. :)

But, it's an addiction like any other. We do it because our bodies have accepted this dependence. Thank you for your support.:) And again, if and when you're ready to give them up, we'll be here to support you. I've now reached a point where I really want to give them up, so I'm working towards that goal...amongst many others. :)

crzycadn

Yes, from what I have read too, using vaccines to treat addiction is being investigated for treatments of the future.

There appear to be several ongoing trials for NicVax, but all appear to be closed to new subjects according to this summary.
thanks for the info on NicVax. I looked at the studies and bookmarked it for future reference.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.