More threads by boi

boi

hi guys
I have just started volunteering to help me become a teacher eventually. The wierd thing is it has stressed me a bit. They just handed me a book and said go teach a class. I dont really lknow what Im doing and its a long class with kids. I dont really like it. I dont like that it cuts into my weekends and I have full resistance to this. I dont mind the teaching aspect of it (at least I hope its not that). I have kinda made a commitment and I really have to accept that this is my choice to do it. I suddenly feel trapped. Along with me being slightly depressed lately its not the best. I am trying to put a postive spin on this....its for my career and make it fun etc... I just cant stop obsessing about it

ladylore

Account Closed
Boi - Great to hear from you. :)

You do have a choice and you are not locked into anything. If you don't feel ready to teach a class you can say something. I would think that a bit of training would be provided or at least an instruction manual of some kind.

It is also a volunteer job that looks like you haven't even started yet. It really is ok if you change your mind.

boi

hi ladylore
yeah I have to really think that I do have a choice. I am trying to stick it out because it is very good experience and its close by my house. Its just my latest obsession and anxiety. no training is provided and definetly no instruction manual...I am pretty much winging it. I have to chill out....thanks for reassuring me that I can quit if I want to

Hi Boi,

No wonder you are feeling anxious , if you have been given no guidlines .
Lady lore is so right

You do have a choice and you are not locked into anything. If you don't feel ready to teach a class you can say something. I would think that a bit of training would be provided or at least an instruction manual of some kind.

It is also a volunteer job that looks like you haven't even started yet. It really is ok if you change your mind.

It does happen at times , doing volunteer work that one is asked to do things for which we are not prepared for or have no experience in , when this is the case , it is perfectly legitimate to state our limits or to ask for appropriate help such as manuals etc. if this is not forth coming it is equally legitimate to say that you would like to think about it or pull out , if you feel uncomfortable in a situation it is your right not to stay in it.
best wishes white page

boi

thanks whitepage
I went today and it was so much better. I think its getting there initially. when I am there its better. I need to not take it so seriously....

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.