More threads by David Baxter PhD

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Really, watching this, the only thing you can say is "Why?"...

Why would anyone make this video?

Why would anyone record this song?

How come Rick Astley wasn't beaten up by everyone who met him?

Why would anyone actually buy this? or play it on purpose?

Those were some weird years... :panic:

YouTube - RickRoll'D

Jazzey

Account Closed
Ok, I'll give you Rick Astley as being one of the 'bad' things from the 80s. Otherwise - smashing time. :)
YouTube - Nena 99 Luft Balloons

Neon was in...
Big hair was cool...
Big earrings, big shoulders...
Skinny jeans made their first appearance and at the time, AND I actually looked great in them. :)

...Don't knock the 80s. :eek:

Forgot - the peter pan gettaway boots. :)

Jazzey

Account Closed
:lol: Ok, Wham may have also been awful...no - I didn't see the comedy skit. But is sounds hilarious. :)

Ok - confessions - I just miss being able to wear my big dangly earrings - that's really all I miss from the eighties. :)

Jazzey

Account Closed
Yes, I liked him back then. But, even back then my tastes were quite eclectic. Funny how our tastes don't really change...

YouTube - Never Surrender - Corey Hart

I believe Rick Astley took quite a beating for that video - so much so that he refused to dance in public or in videos after the backlash. But perhaps that was just rumour.

I had a friend who was a Corey fanatic - I was just a regular fan. But because I knew her, she got us third row seats to his concert (she came in from out of town for the concert - she saw him at all the cities within about 12 hours driving distance of her home)...he spotted her during the concert and said "Hi...and her name, glad you could make it" That was cool. She also gave me copies of the many photographs she had taken of him/with him. I still have the autographs I got from him over the years. I did take the posters off my walls though...and the Wham ones too....didn't throw them out, but took them down.

I don't listen to much music now but back then i remember listening to Wham. I agree with Buffy here I like their upbeat music lol the big earrings i forgot about them too but remember having a pair. There back in style now. Hate the big shoulder pads they were just too much and the big hair thing no just too crazy

Jazzey

Account Closed
Jazzey - you said Wham was good - then you changed your mind :homer: d'oh! You were right the first time...

:panic: Shhhhh Buffy - It's a secret club of "those who still dance to Wham!" :lol: It's the same people who liked Duran Duran, Gowan and Chicago...:panic:

Ok, ok...I still dance to all of the above...don't worry - I do so in the privacy of my own home.

And Violet - I HATED those shoulder pads. I used to cut them out. I did however love the skinny jeans with the long shirts and HUGE belts - they matched my earings and the pins that I wore at the top button of my shirts. :lol: that and those extra wide sweaters that would fall of one shoulder along with a variety of mini skirts. In fact, I remember raiding my mother's old stash of minis from the 70s and I wore those for a very long time.

At my age, I wouldn't dare scare / scar anyone by wearing any of the above. Mostly because I don't like being called a "cougar". :)

Ewww., forgot D?p?che Mode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4-IOvcB-I4

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Jazzey - you said Wham was good - then you changed your mind :homer: d'oh! You were right the first time...

People who listen to - and especially those who dance to - Wham! are always doing that. Listening to Wham! is egodystonic, so it always makes the person feel guilty so they then decide not to listen anymore but, like all addicts, they find themselves drawn back to what they know in their hearts is evil and not good for them.

That's why they now have WW (Wham! Worry) meetings, a new 12 Step program based on the AA model.

Just say no!

Cougar yup thats funny I love Gowan DepecheMode Duran Duran ah now i remember the good music. Music i can understand. Maybe should get t he young one to play some for me. I love the long shirts too and the oh so tight jeans funny god that was so long long long long time ago. Yes Wham is very addictive i will have to try singing some to the girls at work ahahahah poor things. Just listened to Depeche Mode song Jazzey it is a good one brings back some good memories thanks.

Jazzey

Account Closed
People who listen to - and especially those who dance to - Wham! are always doing that. Listening to Wham! is egodystonic, so it always makes the person feel guilty so they then decide not to listen anymore but, like all addicts, they find themselves drawn back to what they know in their hearts is evil and not good for them.

That's why they now have WW (Wham! Worry) meetings, a new 12 Step program based on the AA model.

Just say no!

:lol: You have way too much knowledge about this to not be a member of the club. :)

You're welcome Violet. ;) It is a throw back, isn't it? :)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.