More threads by David Baxter PhD

Are you planning to get the H1N1 vaccine?

• Yes, but our clinics are not open to the public yet

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I already got it

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • No way, not getting it. I think the vaccine is unsafe

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • I think it is not as serious as everyone says.

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • I have not decided yet.

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
Some H1N1 clinics open to general public now in Ontario

I got my H1N1 vaccine today. Did you? Are you planning to get it?

Banned

Banned
I'm not eligible where I live (not in any of the designated high risk groups). Even if I was eligible, I would not get it.

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
I'm not eligible where I live (not in any of the designated high risk groups). Even if I was eligible, I would not get it.

Here they just opened the clinics, just today to the public. So you could be eligible. Maybe they just have not opened up the clinics to the non-high risk groups yet.

Health Canada says there is going to be enough vaccine for everyone, if they would like to have it.

I feel perfectly fine. I was a bit extra tired this afternoon, but I just have some muscle stiffness in the area of the injection.

I over heard a fellow talking in the store and he said the clinic in the mall had the vaccine, so I went there and it was not even a 10 minute wait. :2thumbs:

Banned

Banned
I stand corrected. It'll be available to all Albertans as of early next week. So I will be eligible, but no, I still won't be getting it.

Andy

MVP
I'm not getting mine either (as of now, I may change my mind). I am never around anyone anyways. I'm doomed to get the virus now that I said that.

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
I'm not getting mine either (as of now, I may change my mind). I am never around anyone anyways. I'm doomed to get the virus now that I said that.

Hi STP, I am not often around people either. I was shocked when it was suspected last month that I had H1N1 because I am not around a lot of people. I was already over the fever etc, but I had all the symptoms and had never had a flu before.

Even still I recomend it. I think because I was not around many people it may have left me even more vunerable to it.

I know it is hard to go to the clincs when it is busy, but I went during the day time, in the early afternoon. I just happened to find a local walk in clinic that was offering it.

I was out of the clinic within a half hour at the most.

I am thinking now that all the high risk folks are vaccinated that the crowds are leveled out a bit.

The nurse stayed with me for about five minutes afterwards and I just waited 15 minutes in the waiting room before leaving.

As I said earlier, the only thing I noticed is I was a bit more sleepy this afternoon than usual and my arm hurts. Aside from that I feel fine.

I would reconsider STP if you can get to a clinic. Maybe even ask your GP if they are offering it. Some of the larger doctors offices are apparently getting it. My GP is in a solo practice so that is why she didn't get it.

Banned

Banned
No, I didn't see those movies. What did I miss?

Re the 1976 swine flu:

Only young Lewis died from the swine flu itself in 1976. But as the critics are quick to point out, hundreds of Americans were killed or seriously injured by the inoculation the government gave them to stave off the virus.

(http://www.capitalcentury.com/1976.html)

Added: I already have so many unnatural chemicals going into my body on a daily basis, I just can't subject it to more. Just can't.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder

Re the 1976 swing flu:

Only young Lewis died from the swine flu itself in 1976. But as the critics are quick to point out, hundreds of Americans were killed or seriously injured by the inoculation the government gave them to stave off the virus.
(http://www.capitalcentury.com/1976.html)

1. Stop listening to ill-informed anti-science celebrity conspiracy theorists from the shallow end of the cerebral gene pool. Those aren't critics. They're from the same town that is still fighting teaching evolution in the schools.

2. That's utter BS. More people than that die from regular flu every year. And there have already been numerous deaths from the current H1N1 epidemic, most of them otherwise healthy young to middle-aged individuals without preexisting health conditions.

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator

Re the 1976 swine flu:

To add other stats to this artical regarding the other Swine Flu Pandemic, Spanish Flu Pandemic of 1918

1918 flu pandemic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The 1918 flu pandemic (commonly referred to as the Spanish Flu) was an influenza pandemic that spread to nearly every part of the world. It was caused by an unusually virulent and deadly influenza A virus strain of subtype H1N1

The pandemic lasted from March 1918 to June 1920, spreading even to the Arctic and remote Pacific islands. It is estimated that anywhere from 50 to 100 million people were killed worldwide which is from three to seven times the casualties of the First World War (15 million). An estimated 50 million people, about 3% of the world's population (approximately 1.6 billion at the time), died of the disease. An estimated 500 million, or 1/3 were infected.

I find these stats to be more scary.

Yes, we are more hygenic. But we are also a larger population now and we are more mobile.

Banned

Banned
Er, I don't believe in evolution either (as it was taught to me) so I guess I'm one of "those" people. Oh well, if I get H1N1 you can be happy that there's one less of us roaming the earth :).

Andy

MVP
Hi STP, I am not often around people either. I was shocked when it was suspected last month that I had H1N1 because I am not around a lot of people. I was already over the fever etc, but I had all the symptoms and had never had a flu before.

Even still I recomend it. I think because I was not around many people it may have left me even more vunerable to it.

I know it is hard to go to the clincs when it is busy, but I went during the day time, in the early afternoon. I just happened to find a local walk in clinic that was offering it.

I was out of the clinic within a half hour at the most.

I am thinking now that all the high risk folks are vaccinated that the crowds are leveled out a bit.

The nurse stayed with me for about five minutes afterwards and I just waited 15 minutes in the waiting room before leaving.

As I said earlier, the only thing I noticed is I was a bit more sleepy this afternoon than usual and my arm hurts. Aside from that I feel fine.

I would reconsider STP if you can get to a clinic. Maybe even ask your GP if they are offering it. Some of the larger doctors offices are apparently getting it. My GP is in a solo practice so that is why she didn't get it.

I see maybe 2 or 3 people every 2 to 3 weeks. I haven't ruled it out yet but, my friend got it and ended up with severe fluid in her lungs and was very sick. As for clinics, there are 5 make-shift clinics. I don't think any actual dr. offices are giving them until all the clinics are done (I may be wrong). Anyway, I am not going to any of those places by myself.
Maybe if they offer it in the Dr.s office afterwards I might have gone but my Dr. is on sick leave.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
The Oprah Winfrey Show is ending in 2011, so for those of us who won't survive this flu season, at least we can rest in peace knowing that we were able to watch most of her shows. :teehee:

Banned

Banned
Well isn't that just like Oprah - trying to top the rest of the world that's ending in 2012.

See, if I die from H1N1, I want prime cemetary space, before everyone else goes in 2012. It's all about strategy.
(Actually I'm being scattered, but anyway...)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.