More threads by pocono

pocono

Hi everyone. I haven't posted in ages....been doing pretty well since last Dec. overdose attempt. Still in therapy 2x a week. Helps a lot.

My therapist is away on vacation this week, and I'm having a very hard time managing. Lots of the old feelings of depression, isolation, anger......

Thought posting my help me cope.

Pocono

ladylore

Account Closed
Re: therapist away

Hi there Pocono,

Good to hear from you again. To add to what Halo has said, the Sticky's in the Anxiety section are great too. Or you may want to spend some time reading the sections that interest you the most - see what little gems you can find that may help.

It really is great to see you - missed you. :)

Re: therapist away

good to hear from you again, pocono :)

i am sorry your therapist is away this week. i find it tough too when there's a break in therapy. has he given you suggestions on how to cope? do you have any ideas of your own of what you might be able to do? posting here is a great idea, do that as much as you need.

pocono

In the past we have scheduled phone sessions or phone check ins. We decided not to do that this time, although he said I could call if I needed to. I haven't wanted to call. I believe he deserves his time off, and it seems like I ought to be able to last 10 days without him at this point. I did call his answering machine and listen to his voice just to soothe myself some. Seems silly maybe, but it helped.

I hate feeling like I'm so dependent. I also hate feeling reminded of the major depression that I can and have fallen into. I feel too vulnerable.

you'll get through these 10 days. i know they feel like forever, but if you keep yourself busy it may help while you wait. maybe you could do up a list of goals, one for each day, of things to do. just to take your mind off waiting.

Halo

I did call his answering machine and listen to his voice just to soothe myself some. Seems silly maybe, but it helped.

I don't find that silly at all. I do that and have done that with my own therapist. Sometimes just hearing their voice is enough to bring a soothing sense of comfort or to help hang on through a rough time or to lessen some anxiety. Whatever the reason, if it works I say that it is one more tool that I have to work with.

I know that 10 days probably does seem like a long time but hopefully posting on here and letting us support you will help.

Take care

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.